• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I didn't see one on their website, but I figured people here are usually tuned up on the latest releases of pistol models. I wouldn't mind getting back in the 10mm game, and trying my hand at something in a gen 5 glock. Any insider info?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    From what I've heard, Glock is sticking with the 9mm & .40 calibers for their Gen 5 frame...and Gen 3's for all others, per my local gunsmith just yesterday???
    Personally, IMO, I think Gen 4 & 5 would meet the needs of Glock fans for years!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    From what I've heard, Glock is sticking with the 9mm & .40 calibers for their Gen 5 frame...and Gen 3's for all others, per my local gunsmith just yesterday???
    Personally, IMO, I think Gen 4 & 5 would meet the needs of Glock fans for years!
    There is a gen 4 G20. I just want those nice slide serrations.

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    I didn't see one on their website, but I figured people here are usually tuned up on the latest releases of pistol models. I wouldn't mind getting back in the 10mm game, and trying my hand at something in a gen 5 glock. Any insider info?
    I hope so, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    It seems that Glock doesn't care about keeping up with other companies in innovation.
    They can't even update their own guns to 5th gen.
    I honestly don't get it.
    It's a missed opportunity if you ask me.

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I'm wondering if the switch back to a single locking block pin on the Gen5s is something that can't be mated to the large frame guns. I have soooo many Glocks I don't know what to do with them, but if a Gen5 G30 or G30S came out, I'd have a hard time staying away. Even though I don't shoot .45 anymore because of my gimped up hands...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm looking for a Gen5 G29 MOS.

I prefer the slightly more aggressive factory grip "stippling" of the Gen5's. It seems to be good enough to not require Talon or other grip tape. Thus, these can be run as thin as possible, for more positive gripping with smaller hands.

The front slide serrations speak for themselves. No more Glocks for me without them. (No more non-MOS Glocks either.)

Aftermarket trigger makers like Taren Butler speak highly of the Gen5 design and adaptability.

I'm hoping for my Gen5 G29 bear, moose, elephant gun one day...

Last edited:

Treel98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Griffith IN
    I'd love to see a gen 5 20, I just recently got a gen 3 30s and I absolutely hate the small magazine release button. If I can come across a m&p 10mm I would probably opt for that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to see a gen 5 20, I just recently got a gen 3 30s and I absolutely hate the small magazine release button. If I can come across a m&p 10mm I would probably opt for that.
    The M&P 10mm is nice.
    I got a 4.6" barrel one and love it.
    Fits my hand like a glove and has great chamber support compared to the Glock.
    Sold my Glock 20 Gen3.
    M+P10mm46Chamber.jpg

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm wondering if the switch back to a single locking block pin on the Gen5s is something that can't be mated to the large frame guns. I have soooo many Glocks I don't know what to do with them, but if a Gen5 G30 or G30S came out, I'd have a hard time staying away. Even though I don't shoot .45 anymore because of my gimped up hands...
    I seriously doubt they would be able to go back to 2 pins (1 at the locking block) on the 10mm or 45

The only reason they got away on the Gen 5 in 40 cal is the Gen 5 22 and 23 slide is slightly wider and around 3 oz heavier then the Gen 2,3 and 4 22 and 23’s.

Just speculation but you never know.

Top Bottom