• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I'm needing to order a new scope for my Winchester 77 .22lr. The old one isnt staying sighted in anymore and the crosshairs go blurry also. I'm wanting to just use the existing grooves on the rifle to mount the scope. I also want the scope to be pretty cheap since its just a range plinker for me. I'm looking into this one:
    Amazon.com: Barska Plinker 22 Series 4X32 Riflescope: Sports & Outdoors
    Am I going to need different rings or will it work out of the box? Any help is appreciated!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    that scope will more than likley land you exactly where your current scope did:twocents:. to me its cheapier to pay a couple hundred once than 30 bucks many times and still have a scope you cant use. enen 100 bucks will get you a decent scope.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Alright I see your point on buying a higher quality scope as long as i can keep it on the small side. Does anyone know what type of rings I would need for this rifle? I've been unable to find an answer with google.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Alright I see your point on buying a higher quality scope as long as i can keep it on the small side. Does anyone know what type of rings I would need for this rifle? I've been unable to find an answer with google.

i just looked at a pic and it appears to have a 3/8ths dovetail on the top

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Rings are made for a 3/8 dovetail [22's and air rifles] or 5/8 [centerfires,weaver bases] Many less expensive.22 scopes include rings;you may be able to reuse yours, so long as the new scope tube's the same dia. I've had good luck with shotgun scopes on .22's- their shorter parralax distance and sturdiness works well for me.I like simmons pro diamond shotgun scopes-Holds zero forever,about $60 or so,[plus rings!] Yes,the $200 scopes might do somethings better,never bought one.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    $60 wouldnt be bad for a scope for this gun. Theres no way i'm putting a $200 scope on this particlular gun.

Top Bottom