• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I learned something today about Wolf ammunition.

It's a good read.

Although many shooters believe (incorrectly) that WPA is a Russian company, this couldn’t be further from the truth. This misconception often stems from the fact that Wolf ammo was produced at the Tula ammo factory in Russia from 2005 to 2009.

During this time, Tulammo and Wolf were essentially identical, as they were loaded with the same bullets and made at the same factory.

However, in 2009, Wolf cut ties with the Tula ammo plant and currently has manufacturing facilities across many NATO nations in the European Union and has its headquarters located in Placentia, California.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    One point in the article is flat wrong. Wolf IS NOT a manufacturer. The company is a marketing outfit, they don't load a single round. All their ammo is contracted out to 3rd party companies and is standard production packed in Wolf marked boxes.
    Interesting, who do they use for their .22 match ammo? It’s greasy and unlike any other match ammo I’ve come across

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    One point in the article is flat wrong. Wolf IS NOT a manufacturer. The company is a marketing outfit, they don't load a single round. All their ammo is contracted out to 3rd party companies and is standard production packed in Wolf marked boxes.
    I always thought of Wolf as Russian made.
    Now i know why they are still around after the Russian ammunition import ban.
    What Russia can do is send the ammunition they make to India, and India can package it as Indian and ship it over here. Just like Russian oil.

Maybe you can send them a correction to this article.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    IIRC the current Wolf rimfire ammo is made by Eley. Previously it was made by SK. Can't remember what the Wolf names are but it is remarked Eley Target and Club.
    Doesn’t seem as consistent or even similar to Eley club, which is one of my rifle’s favorite. Maybe my lots are when SK produced it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I always thought of Wolf as Russian made.
    Now i know why they are still around after the Russian ammunition import ban.
    What Russia can do is send the ammunition they make to India, and India can package it as Indian and ship it over here. Just like Russian oil.

Maybe you can send them a correction to this article.
    Good idea, might just do that.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good idea, might just do that.

That’s literally what the two guys who founded AEY did with Chinese ammo for an Afghan contact.

They went to jail. But on the other hand, they got a movie made about them.

Granted, they were selling to Uncle Sam on a military contract for overseas use, vs trying to evade an import ban domestically, but the Feds tend to get touchy about such things.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    That’s literally what the two guys who founded AEY did with Chinese ammo for an Afghan contact.

They went to jail. But on the other hand, they got a movie made about them.

Granted, they were selling to Uncle Sam on a military contract for overseas use, vs trying to evade an import ban domestically, but the Feds tend to get touchy about such things.

Kind of. They unsealed cans of factory Chinese ammo and boxed it as Albanian. Not exactly the same as remanufacturing components in a third-party country. There are plenty of examples of this type of ammo available for legal purchase. Atlantic has some in stock right now.

FWIW - if you enjoyed the movie (which is a blast for sure), the original book, "Arms and the Dudes," is every bit as crazy and more accurate to boot. It also has some bonkers photos of those two dudes.

Top Bottom