• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK, but did they really have to add 14.8 and 8.2 for us?

Considering that, economically, Indiana is doing pretty well, maybe college isn't all it's cracked up to be.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    OK, but did they really have to add 14.8 and 8.2 for us?

Considering that, economically, Indiana is doing pretty well, maybe college isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Totally agree. If we could get Indiana to develop technical skills training that local industries actually can use, we could move to the top 10 economically and still be in the top 10 "uneducated".

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    People are what they are. IQ has nothing to do with education. I've seen the brightest and dumbest in my 30 years in the sciences.

So...what's the point of the article? Convince someone fly-over states are uneducated? Make some correlation or get the frig out. Is the education level tied to manufacturing/white collar jobs available? Is it somehow related to solvency of the state? What's the point? To be insulting? Or try to? Indiana is an agricultural state. It also happens to be in the black. It also has several major universities - both private and state.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yeah!

....wait

Made me LOL.

Three of the smartest guys I know don't have any/much college education. My dad, my step dad, and my friend Travis. What they may lack in book learnin' they more than make up for in knowing how to make decent livings via their hands / other life skills / etc.

But, I've also worked with and currently work with several multi-degreed folks - and they're also some of the smartest I've met. And the overwhelming majority of those people are also full of practical knowledge, too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't need a piece of paper to be educated. The story should say "degree," not educated. I was educated quite a bit at the end of switch when I was a kid.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So we're fat and stupid. Is there a study for lazy?

Exactly how I took the article and that's why I said what I did - what's the point of the article if not to insult?

As others have pointed out, partial information with no correlation is no story at all. Most people will shake their heads (E/W coasters) and say, "So what, we all know fly-over states are full of dumb uneducated hilljacks that shouldn't be allowed to vote".

How about we start a study about E/W coast states and how well their social promoting state laws are doing for their bottom line and business.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Exactly how I took the article and that's why I said what I did - what's the point of the article if not to insult?

As others have pointed out, partial information with no correlation is no story at all. Most people will shake their heads (E/W coasters) and say, "So what, we all know fly-over states are full of dumb uneducated hilljacks that shouldn't be allowed to vote".

How about we start a study about E/W coast states and how well their social promoting state laws are doing for their bottom line and business.

They don't realize how dependent they are on things flyover states produce. Like food.

Does anyone know why the SAT stats were presented like they were? Simple deception, the difference looks big as written, but as a percentage the difference is less than one percent. 62.416% vs 63%.

Just more liberal drivel to make them feel intellectually superior.

Top Bottom