• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Recently I have been wanting to make a few purchases of firearms in calibers I do not currently own. For some reason there are some screaming deals on 10mm 1911's and I have also been eying an 410 Lever action from Henry. Are you holding off on purchases based on the current ammo situation?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Where is this screaming deal on 10mm 1911 that you speak of? Personally, I wouldn’t hold off if it’s something I wanted. Ammo will come around eventually

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Is it a screaming deal by pre-rona standards? No point paying inflated rona pricing on something you can't even get ammo to shoot.

I wouldn't be sprinting out the door to pay 2019 full retail on a 1911.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I started buying 1911's again around January of last year. Had no ammo. Bought a few cases right before the world went upside down and stupid. Now have 4 1911's and bought another case of ammo the other day. Ammo price wasn't stupid but it wasn't pre prices either.

Inherited a WWII .32 that I probably only have 100 rounds for. Eventually will get some more but it's not pressing.

If you've got the money then buy but know what you may end up having to pay. Instead of a case of ammo, buy a box a week or so. It will add up and you may not feel too bad.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would buy it. Even if ammo doesn't come around, I will always hold some ammo in reserve for defense purposes even if I can't go to the range.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    If it's a gun you like at a good price, go ahead and buy it. It'll keep till you find or load ammo and guns don't depreciate as bad as some other things.

jwleeper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm not shooting much of anything until supplies start becoming available. I mean bothe ammo and reloading and no new guns for me at this time. I'm and old guy however so don't need much of anything now. I loaded up after the last shortage.
    Have a great day.
    Jim

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    I don't know why, but I reflexively buy magazines in DEM Controlled times. If they get another shot at it I'll probably get to build the wall myself with PMAGS and Com-bloc 7.62 mags at the rate I'm going.

That said I've had my eye on a snake gun for about a year now but have been holding off, mostly to see how their QC is on these new release guns, but then also now to make sure I have enough backlog of big scary evil mean guns.

Top Bottom