• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What's your expectations of firearm manufacturers?

Do you expect them to change with the times. Should they have to come out with new major improvements, designs, etc...?

Or should they just keep their product "as is", with the mantra, why fix it if it ain't broke?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Let the free market reign. A lot of people will stick with the tried and true classics, but there is a market for new designs and improvements. If the market likes the changes, you have a new slice of the pie. If not, it'll go away.

I look forward to the gov't trying to ban railguns and laser sentry systems in front yards...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    My expectations are to simply make products that work, and when the need to be repaired have the parts available.

To test the products enough before they hit the market that recalls are not needed.

to use materials that last and can hold up to the abuses that are typical to a firearm.

to actually TEST FIRE the gun before AND after its send in for repair/warranty.

to have a design that a normal gunsmith can work on, not something that is "service center only"

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    OH, and to NOT use a magnet as a crucial part of a lever action .410 held into place with GLUE. Yea, that was PITA to try and repair. Who knew a MAGNET was SUPPOSED to be in the action. then who knew i was supposed to GLUE it back into place.

sampo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Owen County
    I expect stronger, lighter-wieght weapons. Higher capacity in smaller sizes. All for less $$. When any manufacturer quits striving for these improvements, they will fold.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My expectations are to simply make products that work, and when the need to be repaired have the parts available.

To test the products enough before they hit the market that recalls are not needed.

to use materials that last and can hold up to the abuses that are typical to a firearm.

to actually TEST FIRE the gun before AND after its send in for repair/warranty.

to have a design that a normal gunsmith can work on, not something that is "service center only"

Agreed!

I would add that innovation is important to the extent that hopefully the company is looking to do what they need to do to stay in business as a profitable venture.

I don't want a company to forsake good, reliable products so that they can chase the latest trend and produce a poorly conceived idea that is rushed to market, but as with any business they should be keeping touch with what is going on in the industry, what the market is expecting, etc.

I also think that manufacturers that participate actively in the community/market that they serve can strongly benefit from that participation. We even see it here on INGO from the various vendors that actively participate in the forums, etc. The community actively embraces them.

Top Bottom