• ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Um, why?

Had 1. Fed good, cheap fun. Not something I would carry, though. Daughter wants another one because she liked it better than the Walther P22. Sadly, I kept the P22 instead. She'll get over it, I guess.

But it was mostly problem free. I had the occasional problem of FTF, but not any more than the P22.

I would like the 2 posters above to elaborate. I am curious.

Woodro29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So was the p22 any good. I am curious I was just looking into buying one of these. I am glad I caught this post. What is a good alternative then? thanks...

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I have the P22 to use during instruction and my kids use it on the range. It is great.....as long as you feed it "premium" ammo. I use CCI Mini-mags ($7 for 100rd box at Wally World) and it feeds/fires 100% of the time with them. One I started using CCI Mini-mags in it haven't had a FTF/F (feed/fire) since....about 1500 rounds ago.

I've heard the same about the Mosquitos.....have to use the "premium" ammo and it works fine.

If you are looking into a .22 look into the Ruger MKII/MKIII. "bulletproof"

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Maybe

I am interested in hearing some of your thoughts on the Sig Sauer Mosquito.

My local indoor range - gun store, offered to sell me a Sig Mosquito for
    $75. Reason being, it had been back to Sig three times, and it still would
    not work.
    I have heard however from some people, they will work only if you use the
    best quality ammo. Don't know that for a fact.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Worse .22 I ever bought. Jamomatic. Bought it for a suppressor I had. Never even got to really enjoy it. Sent it back and received the same crap functioning.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Mine wouldn't even run the good stuff. Couldn't get through a mag of CCI without jams and misfires.

I've had that Mosquito, a couple of P22s, a Beretta 87, some of the .22 conversions, etc. Most of the little plinkers at one point or other, but I always go back to the Ruger MK's and the Buckmarks. Best little .22's for the money.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Well...we seem to have different experiences to report. I have a Sig Mosquito and shoot it often and I've have nothing but good things to say. I'm glad to have it. Having said that.......the market has become flooded with 22 caliber handguns and they are all great pieces. I spent most of today shopping, looking at the new 1911-22 lR hangun recently released to the market. If you're in the market for a new gun look at the Sig 1911-22-FDE in range of 330 to 400.00. It's a fullsize 1911 but in 22 caliber. Others include the GSG, Colt and Browning. Mosquito is great but the others are even better for about the same money.

Top Bottom