The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I thought it was appropriate to share this. My wife sent this to me.
    Evidently, it's at an entrance to the building where she works.

image001-L.jpg

image002-L.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Upgraded the MacBook Pro to Linux. Man this computer has never run this well.
    I'm running Linux on 4 systems in regular use right now and one of those is a 15 year old discarded laptop that I pulled from my sons junk computer parts bin a couple of years ago. It runs just as well as the fresher hardware in day to day tasks.

My work MacBook is a PITA by comparison

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Well guys I'm not ready for summer.
    Today's heat with the high humidity is nothing i like.
    Do any of you like working in this kind of high heat and humidity?
    I can actually handle 20 degrees better than 86 and high humidity.
    I was helping out at the tree farm today (family can’t find any part time help so I am going up and helping one day a week). Was pruning trees 2/3 of the day and mowed for the final 1/3. This is in Carroll County and it was warm and very breezy but not too humid so I thought it made for a pleasant day out working. But then again when my wife turns the A/C down to 74 I feel cold :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A great shooting rifle in 38-40, INGO's own Brett Havlin did an excellent job on the muzzle end of the barrel which looked like a dog with carbide teeth had used it as a chew toy. By slowly tapering the barrel with his mill he was able to clean up the divots without losing any of the markings on the chamber end.

1892.jpg

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was helping out at the tree farm today (family can’t find any part time help so I am going up and helping one day a week). Was pruning trees 2/3 of the day and mowed for the final 1/3. This is in Carroll County and it was warm and very breezy but not too humid so I thought it made for a pleasant day out working. But then again when my wife turns the A/C down to 74 I feel cold :dunno:
    I turn the ac down to 67 at night lol blowing right on me. Window ac. 123yo home I live in.
    I find it easier to stay warm than cool.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    All,

This has been a long time coming, but after this post I will be signing off and no longer be on Ingo. I have lost interest and can no longer afford to keep up with the day to day. My overall health is crap and I have to get my priorities in order to improve it. Unfortunately, Ingo has been like a sugar addiction I can't ween myself off, so I'm going to have to do this cold turkey. It has been a good many of years, you are all great people, and I appreciate everything you have done for me over the years, lots of good memories. Be safe and enjoy yourselves.

- Travis
    Be well, T-DOGG, you are loved and appreciated.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Upgraded the MacBook Pro to Linux. Man this computer has never run this well.
    So, remember that brother-from-another-mother conversation?
    I love my Macs!

I wouldn’t know what to do with Linux though if it jumped out and bit me.
    Do windows programs run on Linux?
    My tile design software requires windows, and I think my Mac runs windows better than a windows machine runs windows.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Well guys I'm not ready for summer.
    Today's heat with the high humidity is nothing i like.
    Do any of you like working in this kind of high heat and humidity?
    I can actually handle 20 degrees better than 86 and high humidity.
    I have an employee with a COPD diagnosis.
    Before I was around him on the day to day, I would have called these last few days warm, but not humid. It has been too windy to be humid!!
    He is very sensitive to the humidity and lets me know otherwise. If I’m paying attention I can feel it.
    Now, wait until July/August mugginess sets in, that’s what I call humid and no fun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have an employee with a COPD diagnosis.
    Before I was around him on the day to day, I would have called these last few days warm, but not humid. It has been too windy to be humid!!
    He is very sensitive to the humidity and lets me know otherwise. If I’m paying attention I can feel it.
    Now, wait until July/August mugginess sets in, that’s what I call humid and no fun.
    60% humidity down here.
    I consider that humid.
    I'm probably just not adjusted to the warmer weather yet. Getting older seems to slow all the normal processes.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    60% humidity down here.
    I consider that humid.
    I'm probably just not adjusted to the warmer weather yet. Getting older seems to slow all the normal processes.
    Well, historically, and this is more my opinion I suppose, 60% humidity in Indiana is considered low humidity. Not too many people from Indiana complain about 60% humidity. Someone’s from the mountain west or desert then 60% seems crazy high in my experience.
    I don’t think most really start noticing until 80-85%.

Reminder, opinions are like rear ends…

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I suppose one should be happy that such applicances are available, but sometimes that's hard.
    When I picked up my permanent partial dentures, they gave me the cast from the lab. It used to be that they did a mold in your mouth, but now they scan your mouth with a computerized device that builds a 3D image, which leads to this
    VVVVVVVV
    teethmold-L.jpg

I received (6) back fake teeth on each side .... twelve total. (where those big holes are)
    Tonight, I had pizza and apple, and it was a happy meal ! :alright:
    Medical technology ..... sometimes good stuff, always expensive.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    A great shooting rifle in 38-40, INGO's own Brett Havlin did an excellent job on the muzzle end of the barrel which looked like a dog with carbide teeth had used it as a chew toy. By slowly tapering the barrel with his mill he was able to clean up the divots without losing any of the markings on the chamber end.

View attachment 354459
    I went to high school with him. Great guy. I knew he was into firearms refinishing but I didn’t know he was on INGO. What’s his INGO name?

Top Bottom