• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It seems like it was just over a year ago. There was a bust here, people working in a transfer facility for freight were making off with firearms on their way to FFL‘s. While my memory can be a bit shaky at times, during the NRA annual meeting here… a yout tossed a Draco under a car or something like that, and it led to the whole thing, making the news with the guns being jacked at the transfer facility. Seems like it was on Holt Road.

If the yout hadn’t have been apprehended, none of this would’ve come to light the way it did.

I’ll now go and check the safe… Make sure none of my guns in there have loaded themselves. I think the 1898 Springfield is the one to keep an eye out for… It has something to prove.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It seems like it was just over a year ago. There was a bust here, people working in a transfer facility for freight were making off with firearms on their way to FFL‘s. While my memory can be a bit shaky at times, during the NRA annual meeting here… a yout tossed a Draco under a car or something like that, and it led to the whole thing, making the news with the guns being jacked at the transfer facility. Seems like it was on Holt Road.

If the yout hadn’t have been apprehended, none of this would’ve come to light the way it did.

I’ll now go and check the safe… Make sure none of my guns in there have loaded themselves. I think the 1898 Springfield is the one to keep an eye out for… It has something to prove.

Old guns get that way sometimes.;)

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Daylen Bell, 24, Indianapolis
    Jaylyn Lamont Crenshaw, 25, Indianapolis
    Michaela Evan Day, 27, Indianapolis
    Michael Glen Day, 23, Indianapolis
    Davone Trae Eans, 24, Indianapolis
    Kendall Rayshaun Ezell, 21, Indianapolis
    Anthony Keith Jones, 24, Indianapolis
    Isiah Thomas Keller, 21, Greenfield
    Anthony James Morst, 24, Indianapolis
    Caleb Morris Redman, 23, Indianapolis
    Jordan Devon Ross, 24, Gary
    Derrion Wisdom Scruggs, 23, Unknown
    Michael Coreal Stubbs, 22, Indianapolis
    Demetrius Andre Young, 24, Indianapolis
    Jalen Charles Zimmerman, 23, Indianapolis

Hmmmm, nope not gonna do it.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    An atf agent came into the shop I worked at, told the owner there are people coming in to buy guns, it’s going to look like straw purchases, and it is, we want you to let them happen, it’s a investigation into gun running between Evansville and Chicago, .......

I think that's when you hand the ATF scum agent a name tag and say "Welcome aboard, glad to have a new salesman. When your straw man comes in, you make the sale and do the paperwork".
    Then when he leaves, report them both to the DOJ and fire him.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

I caught my 1880 Trapdoor carbine trying to get out of the safe today.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    An atf agent came into the shop I worked at, told the owner there are people coming in to buy guns, it’s going to look like straw purchases, and it is, we want you to let them happen, it’s a investigation into gun running between Evansville and Chicago, so the owner (who could tell who it was) did the paperwork and let the sales go through.

A few months later he was called to Indianapolis ATF office (with his lawyer) because the atf was investigating him knowingly allowing straw purchases to happen!

Guess what happened the next time they approached him about investigating straw purchases!
    And this friends, is why we don't work with law enforcement.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    While I know I'm dreaming, I do hope that I've lived long enough to see the ATF along with the majority if not all of the doj tossed into the dustbin of history
    Yup, sounds good, but will never happen. It would take a total government collapse for that to happen. Once these federal agencies are created, they never seem to go away.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Daylen Bell, 24, Indianapolis
    Jaylyn Lamont Crenshaw, 25, Indianapolis
    Michaela Evan Day, 27, Indianapolis
    Michael Glen Day, 23, Indianapolis
    Davone Trae Eans, 24, Indianapolis
    Kendall Rayshaun Ezell, 21, Indianapolis
    Anthony Keith Jones, 24, Indianapolis
    Isiah Thomas Keller, 21, Greenfield
    Anthony James Morst, 24, Indianapolis
    Caleb Morris Redman, 23, Indianapolis
    Jordan Devon Ross, 24, Gary
    Derrion Wisdom Scruggs, 23, Unknown
    Michael Coreal Stubbs, 22, Indianapolis
    Demetrius Andre Young, 24, Indianapolis
    Jalen Charles Zimmerman, 23, Indianapolis

Hmmmm, nope not gonna do it.

Oldest perp listed is only 27 years old.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2022
    South Bend
    From the Columbus Republic newspaper yesterday. I'm glad to see them bringing people down for this.

INDIANAPOLIS- Fifteen individuals have been charged in a federal indictment alleging a conspiracy to straw purchase dozens of firearms from at least six federally licensed firearms dealers in the central Indiana area.
    Each of the following defendants have been charged with conspiring to make false statements during the purchase of a firearm, and one or more counts of making a false statement during the purchase of a firearm:

• Daylen Bell, 24, Indianapolis
    • Jaylyn Lamont Crenshaw, 25, Indianapolis
    • Michaela Evan Day, 27, Indianapolis
    • Michael Glen Day, 23, Indianapolis
    • Davone Trae Eans, 24, Indianapolis
    • Kendall Rayshaun Ezell, 21, Indianapolis
    • Anthony Keith Jones, 24, Indianapolis
    • Isiah Thomas Keller, 21, Greenfield
    • Anthony James Morst, 24, Indianapolis
    • Caleb Morris Redman, 23, Indianapolis
    • Jordan Devon Ross, 24, Gary
    • Derrion Wisdom Scruggs, 23, Unknown
    • Michael Coreal Stubbs, 22, Indianapolis
    • Demetrius Andre Young, 24, Indianapolis
    • Jalen Charles Zimmerman, 23, Indianapolis

According to court documents, from at least November 2020, continuing up to April 8, 2022, Keller, Stubbs, Ezell, Michael Day, and Jones conspired to pay straw purchasers to buy illegally guns from at least six central Indiana federally licensed firearms dealers on their behalf. This form of gun trafficking is frequently referred to as “straw purchasing.” Straw purchasing occurs when a person who is allowed to legally purchase a gun from a federally licensed dealer falsely states that they are purchasing a firearm for themselves, when they know that the gun is actually intended for someone else.

Keller, Stubbs, Ezell, Michael Day, and Jones paid Redman, Scruggs, Bell, Morst, Ross, Zimmerman, Michaela Day, Eans, Crenshaw, and Young to make straw purchases from federally licensed gun dealers. Keller, Stubbs, Ezell, Michael Day, and Jones then transported the illegally purchased guns to resell them elsewhere.
    If convicted, each defendant charged faces up to 10 years in federal prison.
    The following investigative agencies collaborated to make this investigation and the recent warrant execution possible:
    • Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    • Greenfield Police Department
    • Hancock County Sheriff’s Office
    • Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
    • Lawrence Police Department
    • United States Marshals Service
    Zachary A. Myers, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, said Assistant United States Attorney Pamela Domash is prosecuting this case.
    This case was brought as part of the Indiana Crime Guns Task Force (ICGTF). ICGTF is a partnership of law enforcement officers and analysts from several central Indiana law enforcement agencies in Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Marion, Morgan, Johnson, and Shelby counties. In cooperation with state, local, and federal partners, ICGTF collaborates to address violent crime through a comprehensive strategy including innovative approaches to locating suspects and evidence related to violent crimes and illegal possession of firearms.
    This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), a program bringing together all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve to reduce violent crime and gun violence, and to make our neighborhoods safer for everyone. On May 26, 2021, the department launched a violent crime reduction strategy strengthening PSN based on these core principles: fostering trust and legitimacy in our communities, supporting community-based organizations that help prevent violence from occurring in the first place, setting focused and strategic enforcement priorities, and measuring the results.
    Ok but like how do these people even get caught in the first place? Assuming nobody talked. Did they leave on the serial numbers and the police raided one of their houses?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I was in a store when a young woman walked in, about mid-20's. It became obvious to even me she was making a straw purchase. They refused. I asked how they were certain. They have parking lot cameras and keep an eye on the lot. The dude that drove her there was waiting in the vehicle for her. One of the staff had seen him hand her cash and he was obviously older, definitely not mid-20s, likely in his mid-30's. They told me their radar goes up when anyone comes in with a wad of crumpled 10's and 20's to buy a pistol, even when the other things they had seen don't occur. The money transfer in the vehicle was the clinched it as a no-go, before she got through the door but they played it out for a while at the counter.

Top Bottom