• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rweb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    I am considering putting a gun together for home defense,range and local matches.I have a cz75 compact pcr now,I am trying to decide if I should put a red dot on this gun,trade it for a cz p09 or leaving cz all together and going with a optic ready gun from the factory. I love the feel and accuracy of the cz but I also had a M&P Pro for a while and I know they are good shooters too,advise appreciated.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    If its casual use/occasional match and you like the gun, it would be fine. If you intend to shoot uspsa a lot, there are better options than a compact, aluminum frame. I'd probably go with a SP-01 (shadow if its in the budget) with a milled slide, or a dovetail mount if you aren't sure you want the dot.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I will say, I've shot a P09 with a red dot before. It's almost too easy, don't even really have to try... Great guns for the price, very very accurate and easy to shoot.

rweb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Thanks guys.I would probably go with the dovetail mount at first to make sure that I would like the red dot as much as I think I will.Rusty I just have seen pictures and video of the p09 with red dot and it looks like it fits the slide configuration of that gun better then the compacts shape

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just curious. Do you have a pistol for home defense, carry and range. I have the PCR and it fits me perfectly for those 3 things. Do you plan on keeping just one CZ? That's like eating just one Lay's potato chip. I couldn't do it. :spend:

rweb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Good point on the one.There are others but the pcr is used for those.I have been wanting to try a red dot again,old eyes,just didn't know how the pcr woild work for that.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Good point on the one.There are others but the pcr is used for those.I have been wanting to try a red dot again,old eyes,just didn't know how the pcr woild work for that.

Throw that question out on CZickness, I think VII. You should get an answer there. Just make sure to note what page you are on when you ask. They roll by fast.

There is a 75 compact with a rail, if you choose to trade.

Top Bottom