• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bump. Doing more day/overnight trips now that we're officially 'empty nesters'. Some good ideas, just bumping the thread for any new/updated ones.

@Tactically Fat any more info on Cuyahoga National Park and Cleveland area? Is the train ride in the park worth doing, you think?
    If you want to explore downtown Lexington, KY on foot, Stay at the Sire hotel.
    Great hotel. Its a restored Hospital from the late 1800s. VERY cozy and the showers are AWESOME. Those full body multi shower heads with the giant rainfall shower head.

Just keep your head on a swivel outside. I encountered a beggar and and a possible mugger on my last visit. (the mugger gave up when I made it perfectly clear I knew he was following me to my car and I wasnt going to be blindsided/taken by surprise)

Even with that experience, I have no plans to stop staying there. Oh, and if you enjoy sipping drinks by a fire pit on a porch swing, You'll love it. They even have authentic gaslights.

EDIT: and with no pool, you dont have loud families with kids running up and down the halls. So its super quiet.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No, but you are right. Looks cool

I went ahead and got tickets to a band my wife and I both like, so I'll report back on the cool factor afterward. Debating if I want to stay the night in Lexington and see some other stuff in the area or just drive back that night. Not a big deal for me to be on the road until 2-3am given my normal shift.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a few things I would like to do on vacation. Many are music oriented.

Go fishing with Les Claypool from primus.
    Ask Billy organ from Smashing pumpkins what "she knows?"
    See a show at the new sphere in Las Vegas.
    Go to Custer state park and run with the wild things.
    Brice canyon.

Top Bottom