OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    running vinegar in my coffee machines
    I need to do that, too.

Over the passed week I've been de-liming a nice thick, stainless steel with copper bottom pot (Revere, I think). Got it at St. Vincent's for $3 for keeping a container of water simmering over winter near our gas fireplace.
    But, Wifey threw it away - too dirty to clean.
    I found it!

I just filled it with 50/50 water and cheap vinegar for a few days, no labor invested. But I also took shower heads and faucet bubblers off one at a time and sunk those for an hour or so in the vinegar.

Everything is shiny again, except for the bottom of the big pot. I found a perfect plastic bowl and dumped the vinegar into it. Floating the pot in that now, enough water in it to sink it to below the copper.

Done it before. It works!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    i can't believe it is only hump day...
    Day b4 Monday here. Y'all don't even want to see all the downed and dying wood I need to get after with the chainsaws.

Chicken vendetta for breakfast. Cheese omelet with chicken chunks and hot salsa.2 slices of oatnut toast, one with raspberry jam. Rowed early. Finishing up coffee and figuring out how to plan the day around weather. Sky got funny colored at dusk last night but only thunder and lightning and a little water. No scaries.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I need to do that, too.

Over the passed week I've been de-liming a nice thick, stainless steel with copper bottom pot (Revere, I think). Got it at St. Vincent's for $3 for keeping a container of water simmering over winter near our gas fireplace.
    But, Wifey threw it away - too dirty to clean.
    I found it!

I just filled it with 50/50 water and cheap vinegar for a few days, no labor invested. But I also took shower heads and faucet bubblers off one at a time and sunk those for an hour or so in the vinegar.

Everything is shiny again, except for the bottom of the big pot. I found a perfect plastic bowl and dumped the vinegar into it. Floating the pot in that now, enough water in it to sink it to below the copper.

Done it before. It works!
    Frugality at it's finest!

Top Bottom