The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Evening all, weird sleep schedule strikes again but don't worry about me I get plenty of sleep just in weird intervals.
    I have my FINAL update post about the HBI trigger and my problem gun.
    So I did end up sending in my problematic P10C into HBI for them to look at, this allowed them to make a trigger geo that would fit my gun and other potential lemons like it. Now this gun stock was fine but due to it not being milled as well as other P10C's from the factory it had fitment issues with this after market trigger. I just got my gun back this week and NOW it feels just as good as the optic ready one I have with the HBI trigger in it. They also left my gun better than they found it. They put new roll pins in and gave me a spare set not to mention THEY POLISHED ALL OF MY INTERNALS (trigger bar, striker, rear insert) because quote "they looked a bit rough from the factory" mind you I had already put 5k+ rounds through this pistol at this point.

In the picture below I have my newer P10C optic ready on the left and my older POLISHED P10C w/ irons on the right. Now it is hard to see but this is prolly the best place I can show on camera, but on the right you can kind of see the difference in where they polished it. Shows up much better in person.
    VSpolished.jpg
    Now all I did was send an email about my trigger not feeling right (which it DID NOT) and they gave me a 2nd trigger, looked at my gun (and paid the shipping), and polished internals free all of charge and all I did was buy 1x of their product? I must say even though this was over the process of months with a long email chain, this is simply some of the best customer service I have received ever from any company. Outstanding work HB Industries! :thumbsup:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So how’s everyone doing in here? Think about you fellas often.

I’ll give you all a little update on the Rusty family… the last 7 months have been really interesting. After seemingly receiving a message that we needed to start attending a Chuch… We walked into one back in October on a whim and we’ve never left. Having never grown up religious, but having always been curious, it was a bit nerve wracking. It wasn’t just a random church, we were looking at changing schools for our oldest. She’ll be 8 in August, and has been attending a Lutheran school since kindergarten. We weren’t really that enthusiastic about the school/church relationship after getting to know more, so we began to look at other options… Walked into one of the churches of the school we were considering and were greeted with a very warm and friendly welcome and we could tell immediately these people care about their church and more importantly, their school!

Long story short, we’ve developed some good friendships. My wife and I went through a Bible study class for 3 months on our path to become members. As a family, all 4 of us were Baptized! Mrs. RH and I are now confirmed members of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. I cannot express how grateful we are for what the Lord has done for our family through this experience, we are so blessed!

Mamas cleaning business has really taken off, to the point she is now juggling clients and baby sitters. Her schedule is full. We are considering going legitimate with her business once both kids are in school full time, so still another year…

Oldest is about to complete 1st grade and make the transition to the new school for 2nd! She’s doing well.

Youngest is exactly like me in thought, word and deed…. Scary… Watching her brain work is amazing! She will be 3 in October!

I’ve been juggling being extremely busy with work, work at home and family life. I’m actually on “vacation” at home this week working in my shop. Things are coming together for my plan in “retirement” after I move on from my current employer.

This is my week. Trying to get this Scout in final prime so I can try to get it painted soon and out of my life!

IMG_6315.jpeg

IMG_6316.jpeg

IMG_6317.jpeg

Picked up a new bicycle project the other day at a swap meet in Michigan. 1939 Schwinn DX model, badged as a B.F.Goodrich. No plans yet, I’ve actually got one of these already that’s built as a stripped down travel bike with gears.

IMG_6278.jpeg

And several months ago we picked up a new project car for the family/possible first project in the shop for me to fix up and flip. A 1959 Pontiac Catalina. I got it from my brother who wasn’t doing anything with it. Currently in process to get a title for it. Have a court date for that in June.

IMG_6003.jpeg

Lots more going on… but too much to list! Pray you are all well! Business as usual around here!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

I’ll give you all a little update on the Rusty family… the last 7 months have been really interesting. After seemingly receiving a message that we needed to start attending a Chuch… We walked into one back in October on a whim and we’ve never left. Having never grown up religious, but having always been curious, it was a bit nerve wracking. It wasn’t just a random church, we were looking at changing schools for our oldest. She’ll be 8 in August, and has been attending a Lutheran school since kindergarten. We weren’t really that enthusiastic about the school/church relationship after getting to know more, so we began to look at other options… Walked into one of the churches of the school we were considering and were greeted with a very warm and friendly welcome and we could tell immediately these people care about their church and more importantly, their school!

Long story short, we’ve developed some good friendships. My wife and I went through a Bible study class for 3 months on our path to become members. As a family, all 4 of us were Baptized! Mrs. RH and I are now confirmed members of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. I cannot express how grateful we are for what the Lord has done for our family through this experience, we are so blessed!

Mamas cleaning business has really taken off, to the point she is now juggling clients and baby sitters. Her schedule is full. We are considering going legitimate with her business once both kids are in school full time, so still another year…

Oldest is about to complete 1st grade and make the transition to the new school for 2nd! She’s doing well.

Youngest is exactly like me in thought, word and deed…. Scary… Watching her brain work is amazing! She will be 3 in October!

I’ve been juggling being extremely busy with work, work at home and family life. I’m actually on “vacation” at home this week working in my shop. Things are coming together for my plan in “retirement” after I move on from my current employer.

This is my week. Trying to get this Scout in final prime so I can try to get it painted soon and out of my life!

View attachment 351471

View attachment 351472

View attachment 351473

Picked up a new bicycle project the other day at a swap meet in Michigan. 1939 Schwinn DX model, badged as a B.F.Goodrich. No plans yet, I’ve actually got one of these already that’s built as a stripped down travel bike with gears.

View attachment 351474

And several months ago we picked up a new project car for the family/possible first project in the shop for me to fix up and flip. A 1959 Pontiac Catalina. I got it from my brother who wasn’t doing anything with it. Currently in process to get a title for it. Have a court date for that in June.

View attachment 351475

Lots more going on… but too much to list! Pray you are all well! Business as usual around here!
    :wavey:

LCMS here, too. The Mrs teaches kindergarten there, the girl is in the other kindergarten class, and the boy is in daycare there. Glad you found something that works for your family.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

View attachment 351471

View attachment 351472

View attachment 351473

View attachment 351474

View attachment 351475

WOW, RH! Happy tears here for 4 baptisms and a healthy church family! :bacondance: :) The scout looks so good it almost makes me want one. All that hard work now will mean you don't have to do as much of it at my age. Barb and I are happy for all your positive changes.

Stay busy, but come visit sometime.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    8< 8< 8< S N I P 8< 8< 8<

View attachment 351471

View attachment 351472

View attachment 351473

8< 8< 8< S N I P 8< 8< 8<
    ARGHHHH ... why do y'all torment me with photos of your poor electrical installations?!?

If you have time to run an extension cord up to the ceiling for your lighting, you have time to install a receptacle and switch to properly connect and control them.

I will now return to my corner to whimper softly.

NEC issues aside, it's great news hearing that you and your family have found a church to call home. Nothing strengthens the bonds of marriage and family like having a solid relationship with the Lord. Notice also how other things in your life start to come together when you start leaning into the Lord. Praying for you and your family's continued growth.

Please keep us updated, as time allows, this is so refreshing and encouraging!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ARGHHHH ... why do y'all torment me with photos of your poor electrical installations?!?

If you have time to run an extension cord up to the ceiling for your lighting, you have time to install a receptacle and switch to properly connect and control them.

I will now return to my corner to whimper softly.

NEC issues aside, it's great news hearing that you and your family have found a church to call home. Nothing strengthens the bonds of marriage and family like having a solid relationship with the Lord. Notice also how other things in your life start to come together when you start leaning into the Lord. Praying for you and your family's continued growth.

Please keep us updated, as time allows, this is so refreshing and encouraging!
    Hey! I really don’t have time to do it right at this time! and I’m testing these cheap Amazon lights before I make the commitment to wiring them in. But as soon as this truck is done and gone, I’m getting back to finishing the shop out. With correct wiring.;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

View attachment 351471

View attachment 351472

View attachment 351473

View attachment 351474

View attachment 351475

I watch a lot of Scouts sell on Bring A Trailer. Very hot item, and that one looks like a beaut!

Also, awesome to hear about your faith journey!

Top Bottom