Traffic stop to stolen Lambo to high-speed crash...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Maaaaaan, check out the smoke as they're rolling up on the scene. What a massive wipeout. When the cop kneels to look in the car, I think that's a completely detached engine cooling fan just lying on the ground.

I think that audible reaction from the cop who finds what's left of him tells the story.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know it isn't the cool.thing to do, but when you comply with the police it usually doesn't end up with you dying. But undoubtedly LAPD will still be blamed for that guy's actions and demise.
    Why didn’t officers block the car in immediately when it became apparent he was not cooperating? Is it a dangerous tactical position for officers? Both my wife and I thought that as we watched the officer try to get the perp out of the car.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I bet that dude ain’t got the guts to run from the cops again!

Talking to a local police officer a few weeks ago, they aren’t allowed to “chase” cars anymore! If the driver starts to speed away, the officer has to stop chasing, turn off his lights, and turn off onto another street! The policy changed a while ago after somebody ran and crashed into a car stopped at a light killed two or three passengers

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why didn’t officers block the car in immediately when it became apparent he was not cooperating? Is it a dangerous tactical position for officers? Both my wife and I thought that as we watched the officer try to get the perp out of the car.
    Any move officers make which later results in them being in front of an occupied vehicle will be brought up and twisted to make it appear the officer intentionally put themselves in peril, thereby creating a potential deadly force situation. They can't move in front of a vehicle then claim they feared for being run over.

Not to mention getting in front of a moving (or threatening to) vehicle is just a bad move if you want to go home.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Talking to a local police officer a few weeks ago, they aren’t allowed to “chase” cars anymore! If the driver starts to speed away, the officer has to stop chasing, turn off his lights, and turn off onto another street! The policy changed a while ago after somebody ran and crashed into a car stopped at a light killed two or three passengers
    One of many reasons police officers cannot have an impact on crime today.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is one of the reasons why the older seasons of "COPS" are the best.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You answered your own question. It is a dangerous tactical position. It can be done, but it takes several officers/vehicles and has to be planned instead of rushed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hard to run with 1 leg...

fbab4a87-17eb-4e8b-b234-ee659c4a8b71_text.gif

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

What's funny is that he dusts the initial cops off so fast in that car that, with a couple of corners between them, he stood a pretty decent chance at losing them if he hadn't wiped out. Stolen car, all he really has to do is find an unmonitored place to ditch it and find another way home.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I found some details from the video on the video site.

Los Angeles, California — On April 6, 2024, at around 4:58 a.m., West Valley Division Patrol officers were traveling west in the 18500 block of Sherman Way. As they approached the intersection of Sherman Way and Reseda Boulevard, they pulled up beside a gray, 2019 Lamborghini Huracan, which was stopped for the red traffic light. The officers saw that the driver was sleeping and immediately repositioned their patrol vehicle behind the Lamborghini.

Upon the traffic light turning green, the officers activated their police vehicles emergency lights and siren, then conducted a traffic stop on the Lamborghini. An additional Patrol unit that was driving by in the area also stopped to assist with the traffic stop. The driver of the Lamborghini was identified as 51-year-old Elliott Dugan. After questioning Dugan, one of the officers returned to his patrol vehicle, conducted a want/warrant check on Dugan and conducted a vehicle query on the Lamborghini. The queries revealed that Dugan had multiple felony warrants and that Lamborghini had been reported stolen.

The officer returned to contact Dugan and made repeated attempts to have him exit the vehicle. However Dugan did not comply with the officers and after several minutes, sped away from the location at a high rate of speed. The officers returned to their police vehicle, activated their vehicle's emergency lights and siren and initiated a vehicle Pursuit.

A few seconds after the initiation of the vehicle pursue, Dugan lost control of the Lamborghini while traveling at a high rate of speed and collided with the center median and several trees along the median. The force of the Collision caused Dugan to be ejected from the vehicle. Upon conducting a search for Dugan, he was located several hundred feet away on a nearby sidewalk. Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to the scene and pronounced Dugan deceased. The force of the collision caused the Lamborghini to be split into two main sections. The ensuing debris from the Collision also caused damage to multiple vehicles that were parked along Sherman Way.

Top Bottom