Jones Tactical Belts - Anyone else having issues?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Okay, on July 20th I ordered a 1.5" EDB from Jones Tactical as my birthday present from my wife and her parents. I went with the Jones belt because they offered velcro to hold down the "tail" of the belt unlike the Ares gear belts. (The OSOE 1.5" belt was not out at the time). I paid for the belt with paypal right away and the website said "**Due to demands, orders can take up to 7 weeks or more before shipping.**" I had no problem with this wait time, as was also about to order two holsters from Raven Concealment Systems who quoted their lead time at 16 weeks (more on this later). I know that custom gear of a high caliber takes time to make so I have no issue waiting for good gear.
    Well the weeks went by and 7 weeks came and passes and I had no info from Jones about my belt. I hopped on my facebook and checked out their page to see that people were reporting 16 week wait times on their belts that they were just receiving. Again I had no problem with this because I want good gear, so I continued to wait.
    On October 18th (almost 3 months after I placed the order) I tried to call Jones tactical to ask about my belt. The answering machine told me to send an email instead and then disconnected me. I sent the following email to their email address: "Hello, I ordered a 1.5 EDC belt on July 20th of this year. When I placed my order I was informed there would be approximately a seven week wait period to receive my belt. Having ordered custom gear in the past I am well aware that quality takes time. However, we are at almost 13 weeks, which is getting close to double the time I was quoted when ordering the belt. I am emailing you to see how much longer I should expect to wait for my gear. My paypal transaction ID for the payment is *****************, and as I said, the order was placed on July 20th. Please respond at your earliest convenience, and please correct your lead times on your website. As I stated, I don't mind waiting for quality gear, but I like to have an idea of how long it will take to get to me. I would have still ordered the belt if your lead times were advertised at 16 weeks (I actually have two holsters from Raven Concealment Systems on order with a 16 week quoted lead time), but I don't really appreciate paying for an item and being deceived by unrealistic lead times.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to trying out my new belt (hopefully soon)"
    I waited and waited for the response I requested and was never contacted. I decided to post on the facebook page and see if that would get me better results (low and behold, all of the comments about lead times were deleted from their page :dunno:). I can't tell you exactly when I posted on their page because now my comment has been deleted :bat: but 11 days after the first email I sent them another one saying, "I have tried to contact you through multiple avenues with no response so I am trying email one final time. I called your phone number and was instructed to email you, I waited a week with no response so I posted on your Facebook page and have also not been responded to. All I am wanting is an ETA on my belt. Please respond."

The response I got later that day was as follows "[FONT=georgia,serif]Justin,[/FONT][FONT=georgia,serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]I do apologize for the lack of comms, I get buried from time to time and my email response times suffer greatly. I am trying to get your order out as soon as I can, and I thank you for your patience in advance.[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]Sincerely,[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]Richard"
    Thanks for the response Richard, but you still have not done anything I have asked aside from FINALLY returning an email. The website still says the same lead time, I still don't have my belt, and I still don't know when to expect it. On Friday I spent an hour on hold with PayPal before I finally talked to a person who filed a report against Jones Tactical (not to get my money back because it has been too long for that, but to report them as a business with poor customer service and business ethics). I have heard about others asking for their money back and not receiving it, so I am not sure what to do at this point.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with Jones Tactical or if anyone has any advice on what to do next. I will never order anything from them again, but now I need to decided what to do now.

Also, just to throw this out there, my raven holsters came this weekend... 18 days before they were quoted to ship and I ordered them AFTER I ordered the belt.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I had a very similar experience when I bought a belt from him. More than double the advertised wait and non-existent communications. I did eventually get my belt and it is a nice piece of gear but I won't be going back to him for anything.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    That is about where I am with this. I am pretty close to asking for a refund though and I doubt that will happen so I am trying to hold off

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thought I would update this. Writing this thread got me pretty worked up so I wrote Jones an email asking them to cancel my order if it was not going to ship in the next week. I expressed my dissatisfaction with the company. I just received an email saying my belt is going out tomorrow and i received a tracking number.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    That really sucks...Thanks for letting everybody know. I got screwed by a guy making nylon gear on another web forum. I was out $300 for a case for a long time. I finally got refunded after like 9 months...that guys poor customer service pretty much put him out of business.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I don't much care about who the original is, I care about getting the best gear for my money that fits my needs. I really wanted the velcro to keep the loose end down which is why I ordered from Jones Tactical. I have 2 shotgun shell panels from Ares (that I got from you :) )and their gear seems well made, but I wasn't going to buy their belt and put velcro on it when I could order one already set up how I wanted it.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    I don't much care about who the original is, I care about getting the best gear for my money that fits my needs. I really wanted the velcro to keep the loose end down which is why I ordered from Jones Tactical. I have 2 shotgun shell panels from Ares (that I got from you :) )and their gear seems well made, but I wasn't going to buy their belt and put velcro on it when I could order one already set up how I wanted it.

The velcro is unnecessary. Ares did some early prototypes with velcro and found it caused more hassle than it was worth.

I personally will support the originator of an idea as long as the original has good quality, service, and a fair price. Ares gets high marks on all of those.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Necessary or unnecessary seems like it has to be a personal judgement call. I have a Ranger Belt, and I like it, but that loose end flopping around drove me crazy, so I had my wife sew an elastic keeper that I can slide over the end and lock it in place.

Jake's service was excellent, the belt is high quality, and the lead time was exactly as promised.

My main EDC belts are by Matt Gibson at Volund Gearworks, and the velcro keeper on those has been a really nice feature.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The belt came today and its great and all, but kinda too worn out messing with trying to get it to be too excited. After talking to AMHenry about the elastic keeper ill get ares gear next time (and good call on getting it from larue for the swag, love that dillo dust)

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Sure wish that I had seen this thread before I ordered my 1.5 EDC from Jones. I am on week 13 and still have not received it. I have had the exact same experience with the emails. Word for word emails of what the OP received. I don't really mind the wait time, just the fact that he will not give me even a ball park idea as to when it will ship.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Just got my jones tactical belt and it's great. Funny thing is...i forgot i ordered it. I placed the order just before this thread came out if you want to know a wait time... YIKES

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    This is just what I wanted to hear.:wallbash:

Email him and tell him you want to cancel your order. Tell him his quoted lead time is dishonest. Also contact PayPal and file a complaint. After so many they shut them down and don't do payment for them anymore.
    I replaced my Jones with an ares because it was too big. Ordered from larue and got it QUICK (Plus some dillo dust and swag).

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'd do what JTG says, but i don't think i'd report him to paypal unless he was unwilling to refund your money.

I really like my Jones belt now that it's here. I was going to build my own belt from one of these.

8528014559_e643dc2c79_z.jpg

They're called Raptor buckles. I like them better than the Cobra. I purchased a few and i'm starting to switch my buckles out.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I reported him to PayPal for his horrible inability to respond to emails and his grossly inaccurate lead time. When I was having this problem I think I said this already, but I have no problem waiting for good gear, I just like to have an idea of how long I will be waiting. I'd rather my lead time be over estimated (raven) then so greatly under estimated.
    I think part of the reason I got my belt when I did was because I reported him to PayPal. I support small businesses, but only honest ones and my first few emails to Jones Tactical simply requested he update his website to the actual lead times.

Top Bottom