• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Unfortunately i have to wear a serpa holster for something im going to be doing despite my hatred to that style of release. My problem is the serpa i have is really tight even with the tension screw removed. If i drop my gun in it i have to push it down to get it to lock and have to push it down before i can push the release. i put another 1911 in it and it fit fine. Is it common for the holster to be picky on various guns? Is there any remedies for this. I am trying shoving a chunk of plastic in there to spread things apart, i read about that elsewhere on the interwebs.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is it a 1911 with a rail? Ive noticed those typically are a different model holster than traditional.

If we were closer I'd offer to let you try mine. See if maybe you have a bad one?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    a citadel 9mm, colt 1991, and some kimber but i cant remember its model all stick. A colt gold cup slipped right in. I have used m9 and glock serpas and they all dropped in. i thought it was odd that one colt fit and the other didnt.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On second thought, it sounds like you have a defective 1911. I'll take it off your hands for $100. :):

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    On second thought, it sounds like you have a defective 1911. I'll take it off your hands for $100. :):

Wow what a pal! Thanks man!.

i measured the guns and they are all the same but the ones that dont fit seem to have a sharper edge on the trigger guard (or maybe its my imagination). I just tried it after about 2 hours of having a wedge shoved up in there and it is looser. so maybe that will work. I sat and shoved the gun in and out over and over again and it didn't help any. That holster is an older holster anyway and has thousands of draw stroke on it by now.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    nah bro imma use the bench grinder and do a carry melt:rockwoot::):

im going to fiddle with the holster a bit tonight and see what i can do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now that we have adequately given the likes of AllenM and Churchmouse heart attacks, One other idea.

Take the offending pistol to Gander and test fit it. Case it up (unloaded of course) and request assistance test fitting your pistol to one on their shelf. They typically stock Serpas as I recall. Places like that are typically pretty cool with it as long as you dont quietly start fitting them unassisted in the holster aisle.

You'll either find that it doesnt fit, or it does and you can replace your out of spec one.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Serpas were the only approved holster otherwise i would use my safariland in a heart beat. After a fall into some snow jammed up a serpa holster i avoid them like the plague. However it sounds like I wont be working that particular job so i can toss the serpa to the side.

I was able to remedy the problem although it may only be temporary by putting a wedge in the holster over night. It worked pretty good yesterday when i was tinkering with it.

Top Bottom