• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just wanted to make sure that its friday mornings all the nuts line up outside of Gander Mountain for ammo. Basically I'm now free on friday mornings and I figured I might as well be a crazy person and stand in like too :cool:. Its amazing what not being able to shoot your .22 rifles like you used to be able to will drive a person to do. I'm tired of constantly running to the bare minimum of .22 and not being able to blast through a ton of it. So hopefully I can beat a few of the flippers and get my share of .22. Ill be at the evansville one if that matters, but just wanted to verify that friday mornings is usually when the .22 arrives, correct? Thanks guys.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Everyone would probably be better off going to Dicks tomorrow due to the lack of shipments this week. I for one will be nowhere. I have no desire to wait in the cold or any weather for that matter to hopefully get ammo. I just wish (Like everyone else) that this crap will end already.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Just wanted to make sure that its friday mornings all the nuts line up outside of Gander Mountain for ammo. Basically I'm now free on friday mornings and I figured I might as well be a crazy person and stand in like too :cool:. Its amazing what not being able to shoot your .22 rifles like you used to be able to will drive a person to do. I'm tired of constantly running to the bare minimum of .22 and not being able to blast through a ton of it. So hopefully I can beat a few of the flippers and get my share of .22. Ill be at the evansville one if that matters, but just wanted to verify that friday mornings is usually when the .22 arrives, correct? Thanks guys.

If you are completely out I can hook you up with a bulk box of Federal assuming you are in Evansville too.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I've had better luck with there's then any of the walmart ones. Especially when they say .22 is supposed to be instock for over a week. We all know it's not. Just wing it. Most of the time if i'm out i'll stop by somewhere and go browse. I might find something every now and then. But that's why i reload. I have all my pistol calibers stocked up in the thousands now. Only thing i buy is .22 when i see it and certain shotgun shells.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    If you are completely out I can hook you up with a bulk box of Federal assuming you are in Evansville too.

Thank you sir, or ma'am, for the offer, but I am not completely out, and probably won't be venturing outside too much to shoot other than rabbit and squirrel hunting. I just had some free time and knew that Gander was getting some pretty regular shipments of .22. Again, I really appreciate the offer. Its good to know that INGO'ers are looking out for eachother.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Thank you sir, or ma'am, for the offer, but I am not completely out, and probably won't be venturing outside too much to shoot other than rabbit and squirrel hunting. I just had some free time and knew that Gander was getting some pretty regular shipments of .22. Again, I really appreciate the offer. Its good to know that INGO'ers are looking out for eachother.

That would be sir. Shooting my brethren huh? Not sure how I feel about that.

:lmfao:

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That would be sir. Shooting my brethren huh? Not sure how I feel about that.

:lmfao:

Well at least I'm not using your coveted .22 ammo to harvest them. That makes it ok right? :dunno:
    And trust me, they will be going to a good cause. With all this cold weather I'm needing to fatten up to survive, although most might say I've got that covered already :laugh:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Was at the Gander Mountain in Merrillville today (their delivery day) and a clerk said .22 wasn't received today and another customer also asked about the .22 ammo. Two sad customers walked out unhappy. Hope for a better answer next Friday.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So, based on what the Ammo Club site says and what I was told by the guy behind the gun counter last Wednesday, Gander County Line Rd Indy gets a shipment in on Tuesday and splits it in half putting stock out on the shelves on Tuesday & Friday morning.

With that information in hand, I still don't care to stand in line with the flippers.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So, based on what the Ammo Club site says and what I was told by the guy behind the gun counter last Wednesday, Gander County Line Rd Indy gets a shipment in on Tuesday and splits it in half putting stock out on the shelves on Tuesday & Friday morning.

With that information in hand, I still don't care to stand in line with the flippers.

Update: I was off work last Friday and I was able to drive over to Gander at 8:30 knowing they've changed their hours and open at 9am now. When I got there 8 people were standing in line at the front door and more than 8 vehicles in the parking lot. I parked in the Walmart lot with a clear view of Gander's door. I walked into Walmart and cruised the ammo there just in case but I was too late, I saw guys walking out with bags so if there was rimfire it was gone already.

When I got back to the truck the line at Gander had more than tripled. I sat in the truck and watched the cars & trucks roll in for the next 15 minutes. And the line kept growing. Right at 9am the door opens and the crowd mills in. I walked in and one of the senior employees was at the door to greet me. I asked him what number I was. He said 48.

I laughed out loud and shook my head. He said folks are going to be disappointed today because they didn't get a large shipment this time. We chatted for a few minutes and he confirmed many in line are regulars.. every Friday. He agreed that eventually the flippers will realize they are not making enough money to drive in every week then wait in line for an hour and walk out with a hundred rounds (2 box limit). I thanked him, didn't even bother to walk back to the gun counter and left.

Wouldn't stand in line like that. Not that desperate. There are other sources for rimfire that take less effort.

Top Bottom