OPEN INGO SHOOT APRIL 17 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    UPDATE: Official event posted HERE:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...hoot-april-17-@proteq-brazil.html#post6438709

Don has once again opened up his range to INGO for a FREE Open Shoot on April 17 2016 From 11AM to 5PM. The fall shoot last year was pretty light, but we had a LOT of fun. Don allows stuff that most ranges dont (for this event only), like tannerite and organics (watermelons, etc) as long as we are courteous and clean up after ourselves. We did great last time, lets keep it up so we continue to get invited back. Proteq is an awesome facility, and worth the drive.

Warthog normally organizes these, but seeing as how he has been under the weather lately with some health issues, I took the liberty of picking up the torch and running with it. Hopefully he is feeling well enough soon to take over for me, or at least come out and shoot with us. We miss ya buddy!

Proteq is just north of Brazil, IN in the eastern part of the state.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x886d14471c5207f9:0x58a5ce5a4ba582a2
    proteq.us

Update 3/15: What to do?

We will be in the SOUTH valley.
    ProTEQ Firearms Academy

• There will be a post mounted thrower. So bring your clays and your shotguns!
    • We will have a 150 yard rifle range at our disposal. There are several well worn gongs at the extreme end, and some target stands if you want to set up targets closer than 150. You can bring your steel targets, spinners, etc as well.
    • There is a covered pistol range for some handgun fun.
    • There is a rimfire bay with lots of steel targets for fun.
    • I may have some "competition" targets and my shot timer for some friendly fun for those interested in a challenge.

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    All ages? Interested. Would have 14 yr old son in tow if we make it. He's cooler than me though.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I really, really want to go to this. I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

From your neck of the woods, take 41 south to 63 south. Cross the river by going through Clinton, and then south on 41. When you get to the exit to take 41 around Terre Haute, or continue straight onto Clinton Street, you will turn left, and go about a mile to a 4-way stop. Turn right. You won't any more than get up to speed when you will come to a second stop sign. Turn left, so that you are headed east. In a few miles you will go straight through another 4-way stop. Settle in for a fairly long stretch taking you into the next county. You will eventually arrive at another 4-way stop. When you arrive at this stop, Don's house is on the corner to your right, and you will turn right and into the entrance just south of the house which is marked with a sign. See, that's all it takes to make it happen!

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Good Description Indy. The address (GPS) for the range is 3057 West County Road 1200 North Brazil, IN 47834. The range's physical location is 2 miles North and 2 miles West of Brazil Indiana. Brazil is on US 40 just north of I-70 - 15 miles East of Terre Haute. If you get to Clay County it's hard to find some one that has not heard about the Range. Ask and your likely to get some local directions to that NOISY place outside of town especially if you ask Law Enforcement - They ALL shoot here.

All ages are welcome - If you bring a minor your are responsible for that minor. I LOVE seeing adults bringing young people out so they can learn how to shoot safely.
    All calibers will be accommodated, but we might have to be extra careful with that 105 - - HAHA
    If you want to shoot stages on the Cowboy Range, bring your LEAD BULLET Pistol Reloads. Those steel cowboy targets are close and FMJ is dangerous.
    Be SURE you have eye and ear protection for EVERYONE with you.
    Your NFA weapons are welcome - As LONG as you control muzzle rise and impact the berm.
    Certainly you need to clean up well and if you want your brass for reloading take it. I'd like to have the remainder.
    If you want a cookout - go for it, just clean up. There are a few tables and chairs available.

Everybody will have to sign in and out. This is a NO CHARGE event. I will be advertising it on my website as an OPEN HOUSE sponsored by INGO. ALL will be welcome (members & non-members of INGO). I will be collecting Names, Phone numbers, and Email Addresses, so I can follow up, and encourage those attending to JOIN ProTEQ.

I hope Warthog gets better soon and can get involved. He was the spark that started it.

You've been GREAT on the place before. I look forward to seeing ALL of you again.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good Description Indy. The address (GPS) for the range is 3057 West County Road 1200 North Brazil, IN 47834. The range's physical location is 2 miles North and 2 miles West of Brazil Indiana. Brazil is on US 40 just north of I-70 - 15 miles East of Terre Haute.

I have to confess having an unfair advantage by virtue of growing up on the next road. I haven't given you enough information to connect the dots and your PM is disabled. To give you the extra dot without sharing the same with everyone, this is Dave, son of Lance. I just don't update my user name every time I move!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I missed last fall, will try hard to make this shoot. It is a wonderful place, and Don is a great host.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As I have missed the last 2 I am anxious to attend. If schedule allows I will be there.

Monkey........Remind me when we get close.

Do what I did and tell the world to go to hell, you are busy. I did. (and my black eye is healing nicely after telling mrs monkey that) :lmfao:

In all seriousness, I've got the name badges under control. I was cleaning out a storage room at my office and found a box of "hi my name is" sized stickers. :rockwoot:

Hey mods, can we get this stickied?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Uh.....well.....duh.........:)

Like Don said, they are welcome so long as muzzle rise is controlled and all shots impact the berm.

So far as I am concerned, the most important rule Don has is expressed by those signs on the pistol range that say 'do not aim above this line' since that particular range lines up with my place!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom