OPEN INGO SHOOT APRIL 17 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Purple was implied of course.

Edit: I MIGHT try something this crazy if I were on my own private range. And even then I wouldnt even consider it unless I was wearing some type of full face shield (paintball, etc) over my ballistic glasses.

That is just asking for bullets to go over the berm.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Are we planning any kind of competitions? Dueling tree, plate rack, quickest to cut a watermelon in half with a 22 lr Maybe a mod can bring some swag for prizes?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Purple was implied of course.

Edit: I MIGHT try something this crazy if I were on my own private range. And even then I wouldnt even consider it unless I was wearing some type of full face shield (paintball, etc) over my ballistic glasses.

That is just asking for bullets to go over the berm.

Yes, and guess whose house is in the line of fire over the top of the pistol range. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are we planning any kind of competitions? Dueling tree, plate rack, quickest to cut a watermelon in half with a 22 lr Maybe a mod can bring some swag for prizes?

Last fall it wasnt that busy. Just people floating in and out shooting throughout the day.

I can bring a few targets. We shot some of the first one below and it was fun. But it could be a running event throughout the day with the best scores posted the next day? The first one could be used for either rifle or pistol depending on which range it is set up at.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59860621/INGO/permanent/Progressive target.jpg
    http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fast-target.pdf

And you are welcome to bring your steel. We had a user set up a gong last year that was a lot of fun.

Also the section of the range we will be at has a 22lr steel bay with permanent steel targets. Lots of targets to plink at with your rimfires. My kids love that one.

And Don did say Tannerite was allowed at this event. (it isnt normally) Anything we do just has to be safe and respectful of the property. IF you choose to shoot produce, you MUST be prepared to clean it up.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I might have to make the incredibly long drive from Nashville to partake in this springtime fun...what the yardage on the range?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    there is currently a 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard line. Don requires permission to shoot on the 300 yard range due to issues with people trying to use it and not knowing what they are doing ;)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    there is currently a 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard line. Don requires permission to shoot on the 300 yard range due to issues with people trying to use it and not knowing what they are doing ;)

not know what they are doing?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    not know what they are doing?

proper muzzle control, etc. He doesnt want people who dont understand proper holdover, etc sending flyers over the treetops and off property.

We will actually be in the South Valley with the 200 yard, rimfire bay, etc.

Ranges

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have a hard time seeing this......:):

He was explaining that to us on my last visit and I do see his point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom