• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I know there's a thread for the iPad, but there are so many for the iPhone that don't really apply to the iPad.

There are a list of mine that have come in handy on more than one occasion (no particular order).

Helpful stuff:

Find my iPhone
    5-0 radio
    iHandy level
    BatteryLife
    Unit Converter
    The Weather Channel
    Flashlight (iHandy inc has a compass on it)
    PDF Expert
    Scout
    GunFreeZone (I haven't used it yet, it's too new)
    ebay
    GasBuddy
    RedLaser
    QRReader
    Craigslist
    Knots 3D
    Chrome

Entertainment:

Ringtone Designer
    FatFaced
    Panorama
    Dead Yourself
    ESPN Score Center
    The Score
    Shazam
    Pandora
    IMDb
    Netflix
    BuddyTV
    Facebook
    Zombie Lane

I just downloaded intellicast, splashtop, tonido, and Commander Compass from the recommendations in the other thread, but I'm looking for anything else I "must" have.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well, the one app I see missing that is an absolute "must have" is "The Constitution of the United States w/Audio".

Others I find particularly useful:

Convertbot
    Great Books
    Stopwatch1
    Metro (subway maps)
    Urbanspoon
    Kayak
    Shot timer
    Sun King Finder

Facefighter is kind of fun.

I also have IMDB, the Stanley level app, find iPhone and Gun Free Zone.

I have a bunch of other crap like bank apps, news, and stuff that are more for my personal requirements than for other reasons

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have:

iDo Notepad (free version, a little better than the generic notes app)
    Convert Free
    Scan and Bakodo bar code readers
    Night Sky
    MeteorGuide
    Planets
    Police Scanner+
    5-0 Radio Free
    SHOUTcast
    WTHR
    WRTV
    WISH-TV
    A Drudge report app
    BBC News
    Al Jazeera
    PBS Newshour
    RT (Russia Today) News
    RT OnAir
    thinkorswim
    Gold Live!+
    Commodity
    Coinflation

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I find myself using Hungry Shark Evolution a lot lately.....before that was Infinity Blade 2.....before that was Temple Run 2......before that was Great Little War Game.....before that Modern Conflict.....before that Paper Toss 2......you get the idea.

I do keep going back to Rope'n'Fly, Landgrabbers, Frontline Commando, Bowmaster, Tower Madness, and Zombie Highway with a good amount of frequency.

Most of these are on the Ipad.....but same difference.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I find myself using Hungry Shark Evolution a lot lately.....before that was Infinity Blade 2.....before that was Temple Run 2......before that was Great Little War Game.....before that Modern Conflict.....before that Paper Toss 2......you get the idea.

I do keep going back to Rope'n'Fly, Landgrabbers, Frontline Commando, Bowmaster, Tower Madness, and Zombie Highway with a good amount of frequency.

Most of these are on the Ipad.....but same difference.

I'll have to check out some of those games. I need something else to pass the time when I run out of energy on Zombie Lane.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I've got way too many to list. I'm also jailbroken and that's where the most useful tweaks come from. My favorite is My3G which allows Facetime without wifi. Use it all the time when calling home from work.

If you're not utilizing an iPhone jailbreak, you're not utilizing an iPhone IMO.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am a moderator on iPhoneforums.net and I can tell you the battery apps do not do anything for your phone. It has been tested by us on the staff many times and they simply do not work.

Instead, do what Apple recommends and do a deep cycle charge.

Charge your phone to 100% and then let it die until it shuts off. Charge it again until 100% and let it die again. Charge it one more time to 100% and that will complete the cycle. This helps set the measure algorithm for the battery life meter and gives the battery a little conditioning. This only needs to be performed once every two months for an average user or once a month for a person who can't put the phone down.

Hope this helps.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've got way too many to list. I'm also jailbroken and that's where the most useful tweaks come from. My favorite is My3G which allows Facetime without wifi. Use it all the time when calling home from work.

If you're not utilizing an iPhone jailbreak, you're not utilizing an iPhone IMO.

Give me a list of things I can't get without a JB and I will consider it. There are just so many free apps from the app store I haven't even bothered with it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I am a moderator on iPhoneforums.net and I can tell you the battery apps do not do anything for your phone. It has been tested by us on the staff many times and they simply do not work.

Instead, do what Apple recommends and do a deep cycle charge.

Charge your phone to 100% and then let it die until it shuts off. Charge it again until 100% and let it die again. Charge it one more time to 100% and that will complete the cycle. This helps set the measure algorithm for the battery life meter and gives the battery a little conditioning. This only needs to be performed once every two months for an average user or once a month for a person who can't put the phone down.

Hope this helps.

I do this at least once a month. Good to know I'm not wasting my time.

Edit: Should I disconnect immediately after it reaches 100% or does it matter?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I do this at least once a month. Good to know I'm not wasting my time.

Edit: Should I disconnect immediately after it reaches 100% or does it matter?

iPhones have crap battery life. Most everyone I know is looking to plug in around 2 pm.

Best thing I have ever bought is the mophie juice pack air. It only works for the 4 or 4S. With it my phone lasts all day. Got it through Groupon for about $50.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    iPhones have crap battery life. Most everyone I know is looking to plug in around 2 pm.

Best thing I have ever bought is the mophie juice pack air. It only works for the 4 or 4S. With it my phone lasts all day. Got it through Groupon for about $50.

I have the i5 and charge it once a day. I time it to where I can unplug it right before I go to bed.

I am on it constantly...I have the screen brightness at roughly 33%, unless I'm out in the sun and I'll turn it to 100% (then it obviously drains faster).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, after doing some research, I'd definitely like to jailbreak my iphone, but where do I download the apps? I've been looking at the top apps for jailbroken iphones, but I don't see where do download.

I'd like to make sure I can get them before I JB.

Thanks

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    OK, after doing some research, I'd definitely like to jailbreak my iphone, but where do I download the apps? I've been looking at the top apps for jailbroken iphones, but I don't see where do download.

I'd like to make sure I can get them before I JB.

Thanks

After you complete the JB you will have a new app icon on your springboard, Cydia. This is the JB app store. Everything you want will be available there.

Top Bottom