• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    After you complete the JB you will have a new app icon on your springboard, Cydia. This is the JB app store. Everything you want will be available there.

Ahhhhh, thank you!

What is the best way to JB? On my last iPhone (awhile ago) there was a jailbreakmeDOTcom and I just swiped the screen and it was done.

I don't see that now.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Ahhhhh, thank you!

What is the best way to JB? On my last iPhone (awhile ago) there was a jailbreakmeDOTcom and I just swiped the screen and it was done.

I don't see that now.

Depends on which OS you're on. The current JB for iOS6.xx is available at evasi0n.com. (I would link it but I'm typing from my new work "tablet" and haven't figured out how, sorry)

Before you do anything, and I can't stress this enough, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and backup your phone. After the JB is complete, do a restore from that backup. If you neglect this step you run the risk of losing all your current data (contacts, music, apps etc.)

Download the JB, open it, and you will be prompted to plug in your phone. Plug it in and it will do the rest.

After you're jailbroken, if you update the iOS when they come out with a new version, you WILL LOSE your jailbreak. Just a warning. Luckily there is a JB app that defeats software update badges, and all badges if you so desire.

Any more questions just ask. There is also a wealth of info over at iCafe, the best iPhone forum out there if you dare to start reading. :):

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Can I create a backup or do I have to sync what's on my iPhone with what's on my computer?

I believe you need to sync. I'm not sure because I always use iTunes. It woudn't hurt to make a backup just in case.

Are you on a Mac or PC?

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    iPhone battery help

I am a moderator on iPhoneforums.net and I can tell you the battery apps do not do anything for your phone. It has been tested by us on the staff many times and they simply do not work.

Instead, do what Apple recommends and do a deep cycle charge.

Charge your phone to 100% and then let it die until it shuts off. Charge it again until 100% and let it die again. Charge it one more time to 100% and that will complete the cycle. This helps set the measure algorithm for the battery life meter and gives the battery a little conditioning. This only needs to be performed once every two months for an average user or once a month for a person who can't put the phone down.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks much, do you have to begin doing this early on in the battery's life or can you start after a couple of years?:yesway:

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You are 100% sure about this?

I've heard it can burn up the battery for letting it stay plugged in too long.

If you answer is yes, what about car chargers?

iPhone chargers, along with most other phone chargers kind of turn into a trickle charger after they are fully charged.

car chargers do not do this and if you leave it on the car charger for long periods of time after its charged then it can take a toll on your battery.

I used to work for AT&T, and this is what we were told from pretty much every phone manufacturer.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Can I sync from my phone to comp (like get everything off of my phone and add it to my computer)?

That's what iTunes is for. Mac or PC.

Are you trying to avoid iTunes altogether? If so I don't know how you would do it. Not saying it isn't possible, just never had the need to do it that way so I never looked for that solution.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Tonido is the greatest app ever.

I wasn't home this weekend and it came in handy thrice.

Px4me, I'm watching that video now...Let's see what I'm missing out on. :):

Benny, Rep to you for Tonido! Just loaded it on my work computer and it is awesome. All my quotes, customer information, anything that's on my work computer is now on my phone! Thanks brother!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    That's what iTunes is for. Mac or PC.

Are you trying to avoid iTunes altogether? If so I don't know how you would do it. Not saying it isn't possible, just never had the need to do it that way so I never looked for that solution.

No, not trying to avoid iTunes at all. I load all kinds of things from iTunes to my phone, I just delete it from my comp after I'm done.

If there is stuff from iTunes that I don't want on my phone, should I just empty iTunes before I sync, then iTunes will look just like my phone?

Benny, Rep to you for Tonido! Just loaded it on my work computer and it is awesome. All my quotes, customer information, anything that's on my work computer is now on my phone! Thanks brother!

Yep, tonido rocks!

I've used it every day since I got it from the App Store.

There are several others with similar capabilities, but they all charge a monthly fee.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hey, PX.

I know I'm starting to sound like someone that's never used iTunes or a computer before, but I've spent quite a bit of time customizing my phone and would hate to lose everything...

OK, I clicked "back up files" from this screen:

backup_zpsb74fa648.jpg

And as you can see it says it was backed up 6 minutes ago. My only problem with this is it did it super fast. Do back ups just happen really fast or could I may have not gotten everything?

Is there another way to sync it to be sure.

Thanks for all of your help.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One last thing before I leave you alone...

I just downloaded the JB you mentioned, but it only supports IOS up to 6.1.2 and I have 6.1.3...I see other links available, but I hear if you try to JB with the wrong one you can brick your phone, so I'd like a link or something to a site you know works before I continue.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm not finding anything for iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 5...I may have gotten my hopes up for nothing.

Last edited:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    If you're on 6.1.3 you're SOL.

The Dev-Team (the guys that do the code cracking) are not going to use up any more exploits for 6.1.3, opting instead to save them for the next iOS (which is rumored to be 7).

When Apple updated to 6.1.3 from 6.1.2, they patched 4 of the 6 exploits used to JB so there's no real reason for the DT to show their hand just yet. You will be waiting awhile. It took 4 months for the last JB and is has taken longer each time, so I'd guess 4-6 months after the new iOS is introduced.

How long a backup takes depends on how recent your last one was and how much new stuff you've added to your phone. If everything is pretty much the same since your last one, a couple minutes sounds right. If you've added a bunch of stuff, especially video, it should take considerably longer.

Just look at each tab on top (mucic, apps, photos etc.) And see if it jives with what you have on your phone. If it does (which it should) you're good to go.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Only on a 4s or older phone and only if you previously saved your SHSH blobs locally or through Cydia.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    To anyone who uses Tonido:

Is there a way to download files from your comp to your phone?

Over the weekend I needed an audio file from my desktop and while I could listen to it, I couldn't download it to keep on my phone. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's not possible.

small picture files are no problem.

BTW, as for games, Clash of Clans is really fun. I just downloaded it today and I could see it being my new goto time waster.

Top Bottom