• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How is this even a poll?

Unprecedented? How about totally and completely "precedented"?

The two choices really have nothing to do with the question.

How do I vote with:
    My view hasn't changed, I don't mind dining next to armed customers, this isn't a new rule at all, and has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    How is this even a poll?

Unprecedented? How about totally and completely "precedented"?

The two choices really have nothing to do with the question.

How do I vote with:
    My view hasn't changed, I don't mind dining next to armed customers, this isn't a new rule at all, and has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.

Yeah. Ridiculous spin. I did vote though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm voting in the poll...but only because I think the women who frequent Panera have the right to defend themselves.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I moved to indy from Michigan a few years ago. There is no open carry in Michigan so it was really unusual to see people in restaurants carrying guns openly. At first I thought the folks were undercover police before i was aware of the open carry rule. I am a big 2nd amendment supporter who regularly carries and it was strange for me.

I stopped patronizing the first few companies that took this stance, but ts getting more difficult as the list grows.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I moved to indy from Michigan a few years ago. There is no open carry in Michigan so it was really unusual to see people in restaurants carrying guns openly. At first I thought the folks were undercover police before i was aware of the open carry rule. I am a big 2nd amendment supporter who regularly carries and it was strange for me.

I stopped patronizing the first few companies that took this stance, but ts getting more difficult as the list grows.

Not sure what you mean that there is no open carry in Michigan. Michigan is an OC state with no permit needed.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I was going to post to the discussion on that page, but I didn't want MSNBC to have access to my Facebook info, or to post on my behalf.

Saying here what I was going to say there is just preaching to the choir.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Not sure what you mean that there is no open carry in Michigan. Michigan is an OC state with no permit needed.

I heard that, but its not common. I never saw anyone open carrying except on TV when there was a demonstration in Lansing or something of that nature. When there was an open carry rally, it was a big deal.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    MSP - Michigan's Concealed Pistol Law - FAQs

1. Is it legal to carry a visible pistol in public? Although MCL 750.227 restricts carrying a pistol concealed on your person or in a vehicle, there is no statute that specifically prohibits carrying a visible pistol. MCL 750.234d states that you cannot possess any firearm in a depository financial institution, a church or other house of religious worship, court, theatre, sports arena, day care center, hospital or an establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, unless that possession is with the permission of the owner or his/her agent of the entity.

I forgot one point about the Michigan open carry issue - you cant open carry if you have a CCW. Not so straight forward in Michigan.

I'm not finding that.
    But I am unfamiliar with Michigan gun laws.
    But when a claim is made, I like to see proof.
    Anyone can make a claim.

digijock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Beech Grove
    You have convinced me completely. I will not contribute to a company that takes such a stance. This is ridiculous. I used to visit Target frequently, but since their policy change, I haven't been back. And I don't intend to to go there again. If a business wishes to designate itself as a killing zone, a free-target opportunity zone -- I will not contribute to their profit. Period. Same for all the others. If I'm not welcome to carry my weapon, then they are not welcome to profit from my business.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I heard that, but its not common. I never saw anyone open carrying except on TV when there was a demonstration in Lansing or something of that nature. When there was an open carry rally, it was a big deal.

I forgot one point about the Michigan open carry issue - you cant open carry if you have a CCW. Not so straight forward in Michigan.

Please stop posting inaccurate statements.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Please stop posting inaccurate statements.

Its not an inaccurate statement.... In michigan you are required to take a CCW coarse to learn the rules prior to obtaining a license. I spent a week of my life after work going to a class on Michigans gun laws. The license is a concealed carry. You can be charged if your concealed weapon is viewed by someone even accidentally (though an accidental charge is not likely). The coarse instructor called it brandishing which as I noted would likely apply to an accidental view.

750.234e Brandishing firearm in public; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
    Sec. 234e. (1) Except as provided in subsection (2), a person shall not knowingly brandish a firearm in public.
    (2) Subsection (1) does not apply to any of the following:
    (a) A peace officer lawfully performing his or her duties as a peace officer.
    (b) A person lawfully engaged in hunting.
    (c) A person lawfully engaged in target practice.
    (d) A person lawfully engaged in the sale, purchase, repair, or transfer of that firearm.
    (3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or
    a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.

Top Bottom