• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Holy cow! It seems the anti-gun movement is dropping the mask and going from anti-gun to advocating crimes.

Police officer on Facebook advocates shooting those in California who comply with California law by carrying openly and then attempts to destroy the evidence.

Kevin Thomason's "Oaklander": Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Gun Owners In The Back (On Facebook)!

Hmmm, where I have heard this before? Hassling those who obey the law? Maybe . . . Broad Ripple?:D Of course, those who stand in the way of freedom always resort to violence as the Freedom Riders showed us all.

We'll see what happens if the feds pick this up for conspiracy to violate civil rights or the like.:popcorn:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Something tells me that "gentleman" had best hope that he never actually gets into a shooting now, without lots of video to back up his story. He's advocating murder, and any actions he takes now will surely be called into question.

Frankly, assuming he's actually a police officer, I'm more than a little surprised he's employed.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Wow! The end justifies the means taken to the logical conclusion! Don't like open carriers--just murder em. How do these guys ever qualify to be a cop??:dunno: It's a sick world.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    So wait... he "proned out" one citizen for OCing already and "reminded [him] where he was at", and the citizen actually called the PD to apologize? I'm sure there are [STRIKE]plenty of[/STRIKE] a few good 2A supporters left in CA, but apparently some need to call their nanny state and ask for their cojones back.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Remember, all we saw were comments posted on Facebook.

As much as I hate the attitude portrayed, any actual events could be greatly exaggerated or completely fabricated.

The attitude warrants more investigation but if similar events really happened, he needs to be charged.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I wonder if [strike]many[/strike] any would consider shooting a LEO to defend another, given the stated circumstances.

Knowing the courts, as they are, the chances of beating a conviction, not to mention the indictment, would not be favorable.

EDIT - The mentioned FB account is now deleted. How interesting.

You probably shouldn't even joke around about shooting LEO's as it is likely to result in the thread getting locked.

I think that the root of the problem is a sort of "chicken and egg" argument. The state wants to control who gets to carry a weapon and set the conditions for carry. The citizen complies with what the state says they need to do to carry their weapon. The LEO as an agent of the state feels threatened. The LEO detains the citizen. The citizen feels harassed because they are complying with the law.

Thus the State is telling the citizen how to carry their weapon and then the State feels threatened when the citizen does what the state told them to do.

Either the State is doing a good job in conducting background checks and the LEO has no need to feel threatened or the State needs to do a better job in conducting background checks so the LEO doesn't need to feel threatened or the State needs to get out of the business of telling people how to carry their weapons and train their LEO's not to "prone out" law abiding citizens.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Already had to trash two posts advocating shooting cops. Don't stoop down to the level of that jerk cop because then you're no better than he is.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Similar to the Indiana cop that had a short career "taking out the trash?"

My feeling is that his supervisor will be having a very short talk with him - a one sided talk.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I called the Mayor's office and expressed my concern.

I've been asked to post this contact info, so if someone else wants to follow up. I pretty much said what I wrote above, and pointed out that deleting the Facebook page isn't going to make it go away, since the screenshot of what he said is out there, and is being seen across the country.

From the link in the OP:

Detective Roderick Tuason
    650-853-7244 / 650-853-5957 / PD's anonymous tip line at 650-853-8477

More info:

DAVID E. WOODS - MAYOR
    1058 Weeks Street, East Palo Alto, CA 94303
    Phone No: (650)804-2125
    davidwoods01@yahoo.com

RUBEN ABRICA (COUNSEL MEMBER)
    15 Newell Rd Apt 5, East Palo Alto, CA 94303
    Phone No: (650)321-4001

Top Bottom