Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's what the detective allegedly said on the Calguns thread (I post it here as police are known for erasing their posts):

It wasnt my page however it was my comment that stirred the hornets nest! After reading all the post i figured it would be best to address the masses versus hide from them! I know i will get pitch forked by all the posters. Im not afraid to admit fault! I will admit wrong choice of words especially when i thought i had a private audience. But i wont us that as an out! I should have known better to keep certain things to myslef of to those in my own inner circle!

Sometimes sacastic or off color humor should be best kept in the confines of those you can confide in. I forgot the golden rule of whos watching and listenting to you! I know i ruffled alot of feathers by making that comment! But as a person i did not mean no harm to anyone. Those that know me know my form of humor after all i'm a former Marine!

So to those that took this the wrong way i apologize! I didnt mean for it to go the way it did! I know i shouldnt have said what i said but i said no point in denying it! On one note to my buddies friend you know who posted my comment ill be more than glad to have a drink or two

How does one brag about committing crimes against the law-abiding and then say he did not intend harm???

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Called the mayor, demanded they look into the situation and suspend the officer until further notice. Cops are still humans, but man, some really bad folks seem to be slipping through the "intensive" screening processes more and more lately.

In response to Kirk's posting of the "officer"'s post on calgun: "As a person..."?! Wow, means no harm but will shoot carriers. So realistically, when is is a "person" then he won't do anything wrong, but the instant he puts on the badge, he becomes a maschocistic (and I will use this term, as the gentleman wants to use terror to further what he percieves as political agenda) terrorist? How does someone like this slip into the police department?! :noway: (please note, I am not calling all cops or some cops terrorists, I am calling this particular individual a terrorist as he desires to further his political agenda, aka hurting lawful carrying individuals, with force and terror).

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd rather dismiss the detective as a BSer. Because nobody will ever know if he "proned" a law abiding citizen unless one (or more) step forward.

Sarcasm is usually accepted in private situations. And I'd accept as such it if was a local cop making not-so-funny postings on a public forum - it happens.

But it would be following him around anytime a questionable action was made by him on or off the job. That his problem that he created for himself.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gee, I remember, as a child, being told the Police were my friend...
    Nowadays, I just want to stay as far away from all of them as I can.
    In fact, I heard about one guy who was obeying the law and some LEO took his 1911 away from him and waved it around a coffee shop!:eek:

Doug

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    That is completely, absolutely unacceptable behavior and speech from an officer of the law.

If it's a true situation and he wasn't just blowing crap, he should be reprimanded and potentially lose his job (based on the investigation).

If it's just BS, he should be reprimanded and reminded that we don't advocate or joke about things like this.

It makes good cops look bad. I have several friends in law enforcement who wouldn't find this "joke" funny.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow. Just . . . wow.

This guy is a lost cause. That he seems to think he's advocating a good or righteous thing is disheartening. It's pathetic.

I used to live in the Bay Area. I know we sometimes have a little friction on INGO between police officers and non-police officers, but it doesn't even make the needle on the meter twitch compared to the "us vs. them" elitism you're going to find in urban California. I would suspect that we only get to single this guy out because he was the only one stupid enough to express an opinion shared by many of his colleagues, and probably more so by their administration. Those people (in California) are experts has being politically correct, after all. But make no mistake. In the eyes of many of them, if you own a gun, you're a criminal in their eyes and beneath contempt. If you deign to carry it, a privilege reserved only to them, you're not only a ciminal, you're insulting them.

Holy cow! It seems the anti-gun movement is dropping the mask and going from anti-gun to advocating crimes.

Police officer on Facebook advocates shooting those in California who comply with California law by carrying openly and then attempts to destroy the evidence.

Kevin Thomason's "Oaklander": Local Cop Advocates Shooting Law Abiding Gun Owners In The Back (On Facebook)!

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I guess this officially seals the deal- Rhino wont be going to California!

I believe the quote was uttered by Gene Wilder as The Waco Kid in Blazing Saddles, speaking to Sheriff Bart (Cleavon Little) about Mongo.

The comment was, "No, no. Don't shoot him. You'll just make him angry."

This seems oddly appropriate. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well after taking their sweet time the powers that be in East Palo Alto have come to the conclusion that the cop in question said what he said. Gee, after all this time they're done? Bet his "punishment" is taken seriously, too.

via Mercury News

An East Palo Alto police detective who suggested in a Facebook post that people who openly carry unloaded firearms should be shot engaged in "inappropriate behavior," the police department announced Tuesday.
    The announcement was welcomed by Responsible Citizens of California, which supports the legal "open carry" practice. The group gathered at East Palo Alto City Hall on Tuesday night for a rally intended to pressure police officials to speed up their investigation into Detective Rod Tuason's comments on the social networking site.
    "What a coincidence," Yih-Chau Chang, a spokesman for Responsible Citizens of California, remarked dryly at the rally after the investigation's results were released. "It's a victory for us."
    Detective Tuason made his controversial Facebook comments in February while responding to a friend's remark about open carry advocates. In one post, he joked that the advocates would get robbed if they tried to carry a gun in plain sight in East Palo Alto.
    Then he suggested that officers who spot a person carrying a gun openly "should've pulled the AR (assault rifle) out and prone them all out! And if one of them makes a furtive movement ... 2 weeks off!!!"
    The police department said in a statement Tuesday that an internal investigation was launched after it received numerous phone calls and e-mails about the Facebook comments.
    "After reviewing all of the available evidence, the allegations against an officer of the East Palo Alto Police Department have been 'SUSTAINED,'" the statement said. "A Sustained finding means the investigation revealed sufficient evidence to clearly prove that one or more allegations in the complaint did in fact occur and were in violation of Department policy."It will be up to police Chief Ronald Davis to determine what disciplinary and corrective actions to take, according to the statement, which went on to say the department is prohibited by state law from discussing disciplinary matters or releasing additional information about the probe.
    The statement did not directly identify Tuason as the police employee under investigation.
    Slightly more at the source.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    i'm not going to say what he said was right, but in the off chance this was innocent, I personally say some incredibly offensive, and out of line things on a regular basis, because I think it is funny.

varasha

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Indy East Side
    Then he suggested that officers who spot a person carrying a gun openly "should've pulled the AR (assault rifle) out and prone them all out! And if one of them makes a furtive movement ... 2 weeks off!!!"
    No wonder people think that is what AR stands for..Reporters are full of fail..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    i'm not going to say what he said was right, but in the off chance this was innocent, I personally say some incredibly offensive, and out of line things on a regular basis, because I think it is funny.

Do you say them as a representative of your company? This guy is a cop. He's literally been given the power of life or death over certain people. He has a responsibility to act like it and if he can't handle it, he needs to be gone.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    WOW! Some friend huh. You can't always trust the people you think are trying to help. It's ones like this that give the good a bad rap

Last edited:
    Top Bottom