• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Gun violence and mental health issues are a uniquely American problem. It is a problem directly related to our culture and love affair with firearms. So obviously this story is made up.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Gun violence and mental health issues are a uniquely American problem. It is a problem directly related to our culture and love affair with firearms. So obviously this story is made up.

Very true statement...that's why we have all these gangs and thugs also.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I didn't even know legally owned private firearms were a thing in China. Guess I've got some research to do.

EDIT: You can get special licensing for the purpose of hunting and animal control. What firearms you can own for that purpose is highly regulated as well.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    So sad, wonder if any of the deceased could quite possibly be related to the cyber theft of all my personal data?

Oh that would be a one in a three billion chance wouldn't it.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    Doesn't kung foo and the like exist because even way back in Chinese history the peasants weren't allowed to be armed and so learned how to defend themselves with their bear hands or adapting common tools into offensive weapons?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This happened in one of the most gun restricted societies in the world. Guess gun control doesn't work, who would have known???

Five killed in China village "mass shooting"
    It's not really a great argument for our side. Gun violence is exceedingly rare in China, a country many times larger than the US. Now this could be for a number of reasons OTHER than the tight gun laws but to say "see, gun control doesn't work." is a bit of an oversimplification. I never liked these arguments as they tended to be pointed at countries with tight gun control but gun violence was very rare. Now the argument works for States/cities here in the US that have tight gun control and the gun violence is WORSE than the states with little control.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's not really a great argument for our side. Gun violence is exceedingly rare in China, a country many times larger than the US. Now this could be for a number of reasons OTHER than the tight gun laws but to say "see, gun control doesn't work." is a bit of an oversimplification. I never liked these arguments as they tended to be pointed at countries with tight gun control but gun violence was very rare. Now the argument works for States/cities here in the US that have tight gun control and the gun violence is WORSE than the states with little control.

Read my post and the accompanying link - mass killings are not rare in China.

Top Bottom