Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A Libertarian Pimping Taxes Again

Everyone wants to sit on the throne and tell others what to do.

Hoosier-born Radley Balko advocates yet again for the carbon tax and links to Ezra "Long Time Ago" Klein's pimping of the carbon tax.

Leave my motor vehicles, and my health care, alone, Libertarians! We all cannot fly around on the Millennium Falcon, although I am certain they want to tax that too.

Some Morning Links | The Agitator
    Last edited by Kirk Freeman; 09-21-2012 at 11:51.
    Is it November 4th yet?

"Libertarians"? Hmmm...maybe you fell down the stairs one too many times. Radley is A libertarian, who apparently has an opinion on carbon taxes, which he doesn't explain. Could just as well have said he was a baptist or Rotarian. Take it and run with it, tho, if soothes the raging Wookie in you.

Ezra Klein on the carbon tax. This is a tax that I, a libertarian, support. Someday, when I’m done writing this book, I’ll put up a post explaining why.

I wasn't aware that this blogger represented the LP.

Its not the first time I've disagreed with something he blogged about. He's best when writing about the police state.
    In Soviet Amerika, the Law violates YOU

Ok, I'll change it then.
    Is it November 4th yet?

All these Libertarians are never libertarians it seems like. The Presidential and VP candidates are never real libertarians. Random people I have never heard of that Kirk posts about, who have identified themselves as libertarians and apparently, without correction, have done so for years aren't real libertarians... This all seems pretty murky. Is there a ring, a card, a handshake... something we can use to identify the real ones?

I would use their position on taxes.

Libertarians recognize that taxation of any kind is theft and therefore do not support taxation.
    Unless it is something I don't like like cars.
    Is it November 4th yet?

Meanwhile, Republicans have nominated a guy who has actually signed a carbon tax law in 2005 and who supports GLOBAL Cap-and-Trade. That would be CPAC winner, Mitt Romney.

When Romney was crafting his carbon taxes in Massachusetts, he took advice from radicals like John Holdren, advocate of forced abortions and human depopulation. source: Investors.com
    The GOP front-runner for 2012 sought advice on global warming and carbon emissions from the president's current science czar an advocate of de-developing America and population control.

He views humanity as a plague on the planet and the Industrial Revolution as a tragic mistake. The fewer people, he believes, the better, and he's not shy about the ways he would use to reduce their number.

On Jan. 1, 2006, Massachusetts became the first state to regulate CO2 emissions from power plants, something the Obama administration is trying to do to all states through the Environmental Protection Agency's draconian job-killing regulations and mandates.

A Dec. 7, 2005 memo from the governor's office announcing the new policy listed among the "environmental and policy experts" providing input to the policy one "John Holdren, professor of environmental policy at Harvard University."

This is the same person who wrote that a "massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States."

Holdren has spoken in favor of such things as forced abortions, confiscation of babies, mass involuntary sterilization, bureaucratic regulation of family size, and a planetary regime to enforce climate regulation and population control.

Romney, speaking at a University of New Hampshire town hall on June 3, said: "I don't speak for the scientific community, of course, but I believe the world's getting warmer. I can't prove that, but I believe based on what I read that the world is getting warmer. And number two, I believe that humans contribute to that."
    When asked, Romney candidly admits that he supports Global Carbon Taxes. Let's hope the UN doesn't propose something like this, because we already know he's on board.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGpLOKtQDA[/ame]
    In Soviet Amerika, the Law violates YOU

So, if Romney favors carbon taxes and Romneycare like some Libertarians, then will Libertarians be voting for him?

Just a percentage of Libertarians? All of them?
    Is it November 4th yet?

Ah. Can't defend your own position so you attack Romney! A page out of the Obama play book. Well done. If "a" republican takes a position you blame the whole party BUT if "a libertarian takes a position it's a lone extremist is it? I see. No hypocrisy at all Rambone and Mr. Jarrell. All revolutions become the establishment.
    Never stop burning tin.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJock View Post
    Ah. Can't defend your own position so you attack Romney! A page out of the Obama play book. Well done. If "a" republican takes a position you blame the whole party BUT if "a libertarian takes a position it's a lone extremist is it? I see. No hypocrisy at all Rambone and Mr. Jarrell. All revolutions become the establishment.
    There is no position to defend. One individual has mentioned, in passing, that he's in favour of a carbon tax. He didn't even explain why he was, he just mentioned it and the wookies came out of the woodwork, as usual. Come back to this if and when Radley explains his position on the carbon tax. As for me, I'm not in favour of a carbon tax or any taxes, but the minarchist case can be made for certain taxes (like gas taxes). Now maybe you can get back to Dr Phil. As for attacking Romney, why not? He actually implemented a carbon tax and you're going to vote for him while attacking Radly for mentioning a carbon tax. Who's the real hypocrite?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast