• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Didn't stop you from calling other people hypocrites.

Correct. Because libertarians are not held to the same standard as other faiths. You act as if they can do no wrong. Any "misspeaks" is either taken out of context or not the "official" position. Any criticism of a libertarian results in an attack on someone else rather than acceptance of error. It's hypocritical.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't know if I would go as far as hypocrisy, but it is good to point out that even libertarians/Libertarians have a wide spectrum of opinion.

In politics no one is saintly.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Repubs don't seem to care what their party members believe. So long as their candidate isn't named Obama.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Correct. Because libertarians are not held to the same standard as other faiths. You act as if they can do no wrong. Any "misspeaks" is either taken out of context or not the "official" position. Any criticism of a libertarian results in an attack on someone else rather than acceptance of error. It's hypocritical.
    Scroll back a couple posts and read. What part of "I definitely disagree with some of the things he has written" translates to ME acting as if this blogger can "do no wrong" ?????????????

????????????????????

?????????????????

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You guys should read the article.

It mentions the Republicans' plans for a carbon tax. Seriously, dating back to Reagan.

Money shot - His plan got the Grover Norquist seal of approval.

Of course, I note that many INGO conservatives think he is a sleeper cell for the Muslim Brotherhood. So, I don't know if that will hold weight with the birther, 1a Obama conspiracy theorists, etc...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A couple years ago I made a thread about John Holdren, Romney & Obama's fascist adviser. He's a scary dude to say the least. He's written books about actively killing people to reduce human population, forced abortions, forced sterilization, adding sterilants to the water supply, giving "rights" and legal status to animals and trees, a government One-Child policy, de-developing the United States, replacing Capitalism, and instituting a "Planetary regime" to control all resources on earth. This is the adviser that both candidates have chosen to help craft policy in their administration.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Scroll back a couple posts and read. What part of "I definitely disagree with some of the things he has written" translates to ME acting as if this blogger can "do no wrong" ?????????????

????????????????????

?????????????????

True. I'm calling you out for Switching the topic to an attack on Romney. Not that he may not deserve it. But i was just pointing this out.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A couple years ago I made a thread about John Holdren, Romney & Obama's fascist adviser. He's a scary dude to say the least. He's written books about actively killing people to reduce human population, forced abortions, forced sterilization, adding sterilants to the water supply, giving "rights" and legal status to animals and trees, a government One-Child policy, de-developing the United States, replacing Capitalism, and instituting a "Planetary regime" to control all resources on earth. This is the adviser that both candidates have chosen to help craft policy in their administration.

Is the repub nominee's last name Obama? Nuff said.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys should read the article.

It mentions the Republicans' plans for a carbon tax. Seriously, dating back to Reagan.

Money shot - His plan got the Grover Norquist seal of approval.

Of course, I note that many INGO conservatives think he is a sleeper cell for the Muslim Brotherhood. So, I don't know if that will hold weight with the birther, 1a Obama conspiracy theorists, etc...

Yeah, it's too bad that "conservatives" don't all march lock-step in their ideas like the Libertarians do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    "Carbon taxes" are the quintessence of stupid solutions to non-existent problems that wouldn't help even if the problem existed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "Carbon taxes" are the quintessence of stupid solutions to non-existent problems that wouldn't help even if the problem existed.

Maybe, but it is really about putting a boot on someone's neck.

Everyone, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, wants to put a boot on someone else's neck.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe, but it is really about putting a boot on someone's neck.

Everyone, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, wants to put a boot on someone else's neck.

Which is another reason why I hate political parties. Political parties (with some exceptions among their membership) can't get enough government and laws as long as it suits their interests. George Washington warned us and we didn't listen.

I'm libertarian, but I don't intend to ever be a Libertarian.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    An individual who considers himself a libertarian has a proposition that does not align with libertarian philosophy.

I fail to understand what this has to do with the Libertarian party or libertarian philosophy in general.

Sounds more like it has to do with this individual, and his specific belief that falls closer to the authoritarian side of the spectrum - you know, the exact opposite of libertarian.

You should be blaming authoritarian philosophies for creating this. Social-liberal and neo-conservative philosophies align with this proposal, not libertarian philosophies.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I fail to understand what this has to do with the Libertarian party or libertarian philosophy in general.

Ummm, you do know who Radley Balko is, right? Senior Editor at Reason? Chin-scratcher at Cato? Libertarian? Featured author and thinker at Libertarianism.org?

Radley Balko speaks for libertarianism. Heck, he is paid to speak for it.

A mouth piece of libertarianism is saying he is cool with taxing carbon and wants a boot on your neck.

Libertarian philosophy wants to sit on the throne just like everyone else and tell you what to do. Balko is further proof of this fact.

Or, perhaps as others have pointed out, Balko is not pure enough?:laugh:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ummm, you do know who Radley Balko is, right? Senior Editor at Reason? Chin-scratcher at Cato? Libertarian? Featured author and thinker at Libertarianism.org?

Radley Balko speaks for libertarianism. Heck, he is paid to speak for it.

A mouth piece of libertarianism is saying he is cool with taxing carbon and wants a boot on your neck.

Libertarian philosophy wants to sit on the throne just like everyone else and tell you what to do. Balko is further proof of this fact.

Or, perhaps as others have pointed out, Balko is not pure enough?:laugh:
    Umm...perhaps you're a bit behind the times. Radley hasn't worked at Cato for many years. He now works for HuffPo. Radley speaks for Radley.

Top Bottom