Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    From Target Reference Point ZZ17, go 500 meters on a azimuth of 69 degrees; I'm in defilade.

Boy Scouts Make An Announcement Today

The Boy Scouts of America made an announcement today. Does anyone know what it was?

K_W
    Yes, they are lifting the ban on gays.

Lifting the ban that did not allow gay kids to be scouts, but not for leadership roles.
    It is not the length of our lives that is in question,but rather the content.

I was a Boy Scout for about two weeks when I was a youngster; I spent my teens in a different paramilitary organization, but if I had a considerable investment in Scouting, I'd be tempted to look for something else to do. I can't imagine what the local Boy Scout Council is going to do about this decision.

BTW, from what I heard on the radio, gay Scouts are in; gay Scoutmasters are verboten.
    "When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." Robert A. Heinlein

Shooter
    Yet another American tradition invaded and destroyed by the liberal cancer in our country. If the Scouts do not want homosexuals in their midst, that is their right and their decision.

Yup

America only has about 27% of its former self left
    Freedom is the sure possession of those alone with the courage to defend it - Pericles

ive got not issue with gays. My only question is how they will handle camping together? They wouldnt allow a girl to camp with a boy, so does that mean they have to sleep in a separate tent?

Plinker
    No good will come of this. I forsee the ACLU filing mutiple lawsuits because the BSA did not go all in. Plus as a Boy Scout dad & asstnt. Scoutmaster I can say that any gay Scouts will be likely segregated at almost any Scout function Thus leading to more lawsuits.

Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Yet another American tradition invaded and destroyed by the liberal cancer in our country. If the Scouts do not want homosexuals in their midst, that is their right and their decision.
    Should they ban blacks too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post

And if they do want homosexuals in their midst, that is their right and their decision.

I was a boy scout and got a whole lot of good out of scouting. I think it is a very worthy organization. I am not put off by this decision. To be honest, I was OK with the ban and I am OK with the lifting.
    Suburban Robots that Monitor Reality

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast