What is the most expensive gun you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    What is the most expensive gun you have ever seen. Mine was a m14 full auto UISGI .308 for a whopping price tag of. 45,000 dollars.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Pricey gun

Last Spring at Cowan's auction in Cincy a first model Henry repeater that was in unfired condition and been in the same family since new sold for a paltry $165,000! I quit bidding at $145,000 (yea, right).:):
    I believe you can still look at the pictures of it on the Cowan's web site.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Several years ago at the Louisville show, only for display, a Winchester 1873 "One In One Thousand", valued at around $500,000.00.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What is the most expensive gun you have ever seen. Mine was a m14 full auto UISGI .308 for a whopping price tag of. 45,000 dollars.

Probably one of the 16" guns on the USS New Jersey. They fire a 2,200 pound projectile 28 miles and there are 9 of them on each Iowa class battleship. I was on R&R in Hawaii when the New Jersey pulled in to Pearl Harbor on her way over to Nam. They had an open house and we got to tour the ship.

During the First Gulf War, my oldest son was aboard the USS Wisconsin operating the radar for the 16" guns. He sent me a photo taken at dusk at the Wisconsin fired all 9 guns brdadside. Great photo. (look at the shock waves on the surface)

wisconsin.jpg

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    It rocks the ship, depending on what it is. Will blow your ear drums completely out, bruise your brain.

I saw a couple water cooled WWI (?) automatics at a booth for around $35,000 at the 1500. There was a pair of consecutive M-60s there for I think $45,000.

Did anyone see the Japanese hardware? Pretty neat. $$$

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Probably one of the 16" guns on the USS New Jersey. They fire a 2,200 pound projectile 28 miles and there are 9 of them on each Iowa class battleship. I was on R&R in Hawaii when the New Jersey pulled in to Pearl Harbor on her way over to Nam. They had an open house and we got to tour the ship.

During the First Gulf War, my oldest son was aboard the USS Wisconsin operating the radar for the 16" guns. He sent me a photo taken at dusk at the Wisconsin fired all 9 guns brdadside. Great photo. (look at the shock waves on the surface)

My step-grandfather was on the Coral Sea in Vietnam (medic) and told me once that when all those guns fire the ship moves something like 10 feet in the opposite direction that the guns are pointed.:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom