• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    A quote from an article in their new issue:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

The editor did a follow up post of Facebook to try and explain how the quote was "out of context". :n00b:

Things are not going well for them on their Facebook page. I think Recoil is about to learn what it means to be "Zumboed".

I canceled my Kindle subscription and urge everyone else to boycott the magazine.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

The editor did a follow up post of Facebook to try and explain how the quote was "out of context". :n00b:

Things are not going well for them on their Facebook page. I think Recoil is about to learn what it means to be "Zumboed".

I canceled my Kindle subscription and urge everyone else to boycott the magazine.

For those of us who are uneducated, what is "Zumboed"????

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    You know Jim Zumbo, the hunting and outdoor writer who said AR style rifles were 'terrorist weapons".

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've only read one issue, but i liked it. Don't have a subscription yet... thankfully. I really, really don't like it when an author makes a comment like that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Clearly he wrote that civilians are not to be trusted. We can be trusted with full auto weapons, we can be trusted with AOWs, we can be trusted with "Destructive Devices" but we can't be trusted with this particular gun.

It is not the gun that is the problem, it is the editorial position of the author that is the problem who thinks that we mere civilians are unworthy of his trust and that only the special class of people are worthy!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That's completely stupid. Granted, I have NO use for the MP7 outside of a range toy (look up Gary Roberts and what he has researched into actual factual shootings using the MP7 and the FN 5.7) as we are "not allowed" to have the AP ammo (and even then, just read what Roberts has researched into the effectiveness of that ammo, you have to firehose the bad guy to get them down).

But, that being said, it's idiocy and technological/political elitism for someone to say that we as civilians cannot and should not have that based on "sporting purposes". My AR will punch through a crap ton more than some miniscule, super vel cartridge and have more effectiveness, while being able to take down deer with proper ammo selection and protect my home. This is akin to police saying, "well you shouldn't have a gun, because it reduces your dependency on us" or "only we should be trusted with this sort of weaponry" but then have said weaponry stripped from them when they retire! Asinine.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's too bad. I was thinking that Recoil was one of the better gun mags out there. Here's hoping that they print a correction to that line of thinking. In the meantime, I'll steer clear of that one for now.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    That's too bad. I was thinking that Recoil was one of the better gun mags out there. Here's hoping that they print a correction to that line of thinking. In the meantime, I'll steer clear of that one for now.

Correction or not, it's out there and I'm sure the anti's have taken notice. I can only imagine the glee in the Brady groups eyes over this asinine comment.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it."

BEST. WAY. TO. SELL. GUNS. EVER.

This is going to send civvies rushing to buy it. Too bad Hi Point never figured this out.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I don't read gun magazines, but what makes him think we might not need to put down a few scumbags? That day has never come before, but that doesn't mean it won't, either.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That was a really stupid thing to say. Way to shoot your target audience in stomach and kick them in the groin at the same time.

What is wrong with these media elitist liberals? Their slick product just became as desirable as a moldy hot-pocket.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I suppose I'll start the flame war by saying I don't think civilians should be allowed to own modern automatic weapons.
    :popcorn:

Are you sure you are ready?

1622o28.gif

Top Bottom