• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    LOL. HK has been peeing on the shoes of civilian gun owners for umpteen years. Now, let's take a poll of how many INGOers own or would own an HK product.

Next week, the lead janitor of Levi Strauss will go on record stating that he thinks "handguns er fer killin". Mass reports of half-naked men walking into Wal-Mart for Wrangler "Cowboy Cut".

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I just don't get the "no sporting purpose" comment. Is he talking about hunting or just plinking or both. I buy some guns for self defense but for the most part it's just to have fun shooting targets. That's why I never understand when anti-gunners say there is no sporting purpose for this or that gun. I would say there's a sporting purpose for every gun from .17 to 20mm lol because its fun to shoot at targets with any caliber and any gun. I guess the editor just doesn't share that feeling. Never bought recoil before, and now I definitely don't plan on doing it the future.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    OMG, I thought being in a room full of women on with PMS was bad. This all I have seen on the gun forums and Facebook. Thinking of sending out crates of tissues.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    Both his damage control and his apology both put the blame on the manufacturer. He's just trying to save himself.

In the damage control response he gave he says very clearly:
    "Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it."

While in the original article he said:
    "Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of."

Although I don't have the magazine to look at as I was never subscribed, it sounds like in the original it was his own opinion about the sport aspect. He didn't say that H&K said that, he presented it as his own views. In the damage control post he clearly says that it is H&K's view and not his, yet his post shows otherwise.

In the public statement he gives he re-quotes the article for us, as if we mis-read it or misinterpreted it, and goes on to defend his character when it comes to gun laws. He then at the end puts blame on H&K again.

If H&K did actually say that there was no sport usage, then the only place I think he made a mistake is in saying that civilians should never get their hands on it. If he would have said probably should, i don't think there would be as big of an issue, but his view on gun laws are definitely skewed, and I don't plan to buy Recoil.

Every man and woman should have the right to own any bullet hose they feel like owning, as long as they are following the laws set in place for those bullet-hoses. :ingo:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, MP7s are tH3 d34dly but a Kel-Tec carbine in .22 mag shooting a completely similar round is all sporty?:dunno:

Do the people writing about guns actually know anything about guns? Is this like Peterson Publishing where the guys in California writing about hot rods and beach volleyball get gun assignments???

Top Bottom