• ...and so much more!
  • Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    James Yeager is a Disgrace

Some/many may disagree with me, but the last thing we in the firearm and shooting community is need is guys like James Yeager issuing "duels" and calling people out and his constant and unending stream of profanity, nonsense and "danger checks" and shooting toward photographers.

I've have it with the Internet wanna-bes, the "phony tough" and the "crazy brave" as it was well put in Full Metal Jacket.

It's time we stop letting nonsense go or excusing it or justifying it. Let's call it what it is.

I made this little video and it's been interesting to read the comments posted, a number from guys who actually are aware of Yeager's antics and background.

So here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgKXRIGZcOQ

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    not-this-again.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    James needs to settle down a bit. His kind of bravado may work in the bar or at a cookout but stay of the internet for a while.....please.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fortunately, I don't think Yeager's presence is much noticed outside the gun community, but yeah, he needs to relax. The Nuge gets a lot of negative rep with the muggles, but sometimes it's fun to have someone poking them in the eye. At least he's not a poser.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, you want him to pack up and go away, so you make a youtube video of him? Genius idea, since we all know bringing more attention to an attention whore makes them "go away" immediately.

Fortunately, I don't think Yeager's presence is much noticed outside the gun community, but yeah, he needs to relax. The Nuge gets a lot of negative rep with the muggles, but sometimes it's fun to have someone poking them in the eye. At least he's not a poser.

It's barely noticed in it. I didn't even know who he was a few months ago and still wouldn't know if I wasn't a member of INGO.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Who cares?? Obviously you. You took time to make a video and post it online; then go around to various gun forums, become a member, then post your video to the forums. I find it hard to take any of the video serious coming from someone who has to stop and take a breath after every sentence. I'm sure you know all about being "special" ops. :laugh:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wasn't this video already posted and commented on? I'm done with the Yeager drama and I suspect a great deal of the other members are, as well. We have much greater issues to give our attention these days.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    From my perspective it seems like a lot of the drama surrounding Yeager has died down here on INGO as folks watch his videos and decide for themselves if they can use the information or not. Which is great, as that was the original intent of my posting his videos (or any video I post for that matter).

I do find it kinda funny that some folks are calling you out for making a video about it, given that other folks have asked his biggest critics to make videos of their own to demonstrate that it isn't as easy as it looks. I learned early on that you can only make half the people happy at any given time. :D

We've had dedicated threads on the BIAP ambush, downrange photography, dueling, and his use of profanity, but I'm not sure we've covered the concept of his "danger checks". Why don't you care for them?

Amsdorf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Missouri
    Re. "Danger Checks"

I think going out of your way to load your weapon and chamber a round when all you are doing is playing around with it on a video, not using it safely, is ... foolish, to say the least, and may well become criminally negligent if things don't quite turn out so well.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Re. "Danger Checks"

I think going out of your way to load your weapon and chamber a round when all you are doing is playing around with it on a video, not using it safely, is ... foolish, to say the least, and may well become criminally negligent if things don't quite turn out so well.

LOL.

I like that he does this. why not ensure the gun is loaded so you actually OBSERVE the safety rules.

My handgun doesn't have a safety, so I'm a fool. Awesome.

Welcome to INGO...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

Do you feel it is simply unnecessary? Or do you feel like its actually dangerous?

I could get on board with it being unnecessary. As he's not actively shooting in the videos where he's in his shop he obviously doesn't need for the guns to be loaded. He could give the same information and make the same video with unloaded guns. I don't feel like having them loaded adds to the value of the video.

But dangerous? I don't personally think so. I've seen quite a few of his videos and I don't recall ever seeing a 4-rules violation. When do you feel he's not "using it safely"? I also make the assumption that there's no one behind the camera when he's pointed guns at it. I would feel differently if this wasn't the case.

If we are supposed to be of the mindset that we "treat all guns as if they are loaded", does it really matter if they are or not?

Top Bottom