• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, it appears they want to keep lighters out of the hands of 10-year-olds.

Might want to, you know, make them not capable of starting fires, then? I doubt the kids cares what it looks like, as long is it has a flame. :rolleyes:

10 to 1 this was penned by a lib...... Yep. Frye.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We're a ban-crazy country/state any more, aren't we? We want to ban cigarette smoking on private property, ban texting and talking on a cell phone while driving, ban novelty lighters, ban singing in poor taste, ban those plastic grocery sacks, ban French fries in happy meals, ban all forms of religion (except Islam) from the public view, incandescent light bulbs, and on and on...

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I knew this was going to be the lighter issue. Ranks right up there with making it a crime to "mis-sing" the national anthem.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We're a ban-crazy country/state any more, aren't we? We want to ban cigarette smoking on private property, ban texting and talking on a cell phone while driving, ban novelty lighters, ban singing in poor taste, ban those plastic grocery sacks, ban French fries in happy meals, ban all forms of religion (except Islam) from the public view, incandescent light bulbs, and on and on...

Why not? You seem to be A ok with banning gay marriage. How about the ban on some drugs?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why not? You seem to be A ok with banning gay marriage. How about the ban on some drugs?

Nope...gay marriage is already banned. Im not proposing the banning of what is already a legal product or behavior. I'm surprised you don't see the difference. If the voters of this state someday decide to change that--and they will eventually because of our increasingly secularized society, so be it.

As far as drugs go, when we decide to let people suffer their fates for self inflicting their drug addictions and not visit the fall out and misery on their neighbors, Ill say, go for it. (liberty and self-responsibility).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope...gay marriage is already banned. Im not proposing the banning of what is already a legal product or behavior. I'm surprised you don't see the difference. If the voters of this state someday decide to change that--and they will eventually because of our increasingly secularized society, so be it.

As far as drugs go, when we decide to let people suffer their fates for self inflicting their drug addictions and not visit the fall out and misery on their neighbors, Ill say, go for it. (liberty and self-responsibility).

So do you think the gay marriage ban should be lifted? I'm not gay and morally, I'm against homosexuality. Personally, I want no government sponsored "marriage" whatsoever. But if a government is going to sanction a heterosexual marriage, then they should do the same for a homosexual marriage. Even though I may not like it, I will support their liberty to do so. A government big enough to dictate to a person I don't agree with is big enough to dictate to me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So do you think the gay marriage ban should be lifted? I'm not gay and morally, I'm against homosexuality. Personally, I want no government sponsored "marriage" whatsoever. But if a government is going to sanction a heterosexual marriage, then they should do the same for a homosexual marriage. Even though I may not like it, I will support their liberty to do so. A government big enough to dictate to a person I don't agree with is big enough to dictate to me.

I don't think the federal government should condone any form of marriage...but I'm ok with the states making their own laws as prescribed by our constitutions. As I said in another thread, I personally believe homosexuality is morally wrong and unhealthy. I support the current legal position of the state of IN and will not support gay marriage in Indiana. At the same time while I dont condone the behavior, i'm ok with homosexual people being with whomever they want and do not support persecution of them for their choice--that's between them and their maker. Neither do I support them saddling their neighbors with any problems that arise from their lifestyle nor do I believe they are entitled to special, politically correct, affirmative action type status as we are currently bombarded with today at work, on tv, in the public in general.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This fascist crap makes me want to stop singing altogether.

Yep. I have a terrible singing voice. No intent to butcher it at all. But I guess if some nazi doesn't like the sound of my voice, I can be fined. Or are they going to fine those who choose to be silent as well?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Don't worry, the Dems have decided to run away again, refusing to show up for work over the "Right to Work" bill. (ironic idinit? )

Funny, they baulk at legislation that give workers a freedom to choose by saying there hasn't been enough Public Input, yet the want to shove smoking, lighter, and singing bans down our throats without discussion. True colors shining through.
    That's some quality representation of the People!

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    HOLD ON!

First, we cannot allow a small group of idiots to create laws for
    "our own good". No smoking, I smoke, and I understand non smokers
    not wanting to be in a smoke filled room. It wouldn't be smoke filled if there
    wasn't enough of a market for smokers. Often I find that I am a minority
    in restaurants etc. Toy like lighters?!:xmad::xmad: I don't want to live on this planet
    anymore.

The pi thing I don't believe. No way is a Rep. from Ala. actually asking to
    round down pi. If this is true, and I cannot believe it is, the year is 1984
    all over again. Law cannot change pi from 3.14159......
    If this is true, why haven't I heard of this until now, If , this is true I am
    moving to Russia, and jumping on the Soyuz because

I don't want to live on this planet
    anymore!!!!!!!!!!

typing is not an appropriate medium for how I feel about
    nanny laws

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ Exactly.
    I don't want to live on any planet that legislates a
    fictional ratio of its circumference to its diameter!

:bash:

parsimonious

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    SE IN
    Tell your lawmakers

I have just finished emailing my state rep. and senator.
    find yours at:

External link from the www.IN.gov Web Site

Here's my message, adjust yours accordingly.

My intent with this email is to voice my
    extreme frustration with modern legislation.

I would first like to volunteer to shake the
    stuffing from anyone who proposes a ban on
    anything that is safe when used responsibly.
    [fancy lighters]
    Second, please, with sugar on top, do not
    allow these fiat, nanny law bills to reach
    debate, not to mention passing into law.

I am an adult, I would like to make my own
    choices as far as what my own good is.
    I don't need laws to protect me from a
    business that allows smoking, a company that
    produces fancy lighters, or disrespectful
    people who don't recognize the national
    anthem.
    Third, perhaps we should make a law that
    allows adults to make adult choices and
    suffer the consequences if said adult sees
    fit to make a dumb choice.

Thank you.