• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    A few of the politicians there drank some and realized it's potent effects on the brain?

Meh. It's still amateur hour compared to New York.

How about a mandatory dna database for every person convicted of a felony and some "serious misdemeanors". Reuters states this would include turnstile jumpers, graffiti artists, and people who write bad checks. Oh, and fortunetellers. I guess fortunetelling is bad news in NY, something I didn't know.

I liked this quote from the ACLU guy.

"To have your sample included in the database means you're under surveillance 24/7," Perry said. "If your DNA ends up matching DNA at a crime scene, you now become subject to criminal suspicion, but there are plenty of innocent reasons for folks' DNA to turn up at a crime scene."

Proposed DNA bank could ensnare NY graffiti artists - Yahoo! News

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm disappointed in y'all.

Talk of lighters, pi, singing... and no one has mentioned HB 1113?

HB 1113 (2012) Resisting law enforcement. Provides that a person who knowingly or intentionally disobeys a law enforcement officer's verbal command commits the offense of resisting law enforcement. Author: Rep. Tim Brown

Most of the time, I like Dr. Brown and what he has to say. I am embarrassed that my representative introduced this disgusting piece of legislation.

This has the potential to totally undermine the wise advice of so many of our wise members who advise silence when dealing with police officers in an official capacity, for if the officer verbally orders you to answer some question of his, such as whether or not you have a firearm in the car or even where you are going from and to, failure to answer would now be a criminal act punishable by up to and including 364 days (182 with good behavior) in jail and $5,000.00 fine.

Thanks, no. I don't have an extra five grand lying around, especially after spending six months behind bars, getting fired from my job, and losing my home and vehicle solely for exercising my right to remain silent.

I would not be guilty of anything for exercising that right, but would be for refusing to follow that order, as there is no provision in the bill for allowing the refusal of an unlawful order. HB 1113 needs to be stopped prior to being heard in committee.

It's been referred to the House Committee on Courts and Criminal Code, for those interested in penning letters to squash it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom