• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Hopefully its because they're young, but the concessus in a college class this morning,\ regarding monitoring of online activity by the government, was that "if you aren't doing anything illegal, why do you care?".

Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying...

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    In that case, they won't mind if "we" put a camera in their bedroom and broadcast to the world (Truman, anyone?).

Nothing to hide, right?

Cameras in there bedroom probably wouldn't bother them. Thanks to reality tv and the internet the youth have slowly been numbed and think its okay to broadcast there daily lives for all to see. What they dont realize is big brother will capitalize on this and before you know it everyone will be monitored 24/7. Hope everyone is stocking up on tin foil.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Wow, that's really scary. And I'll say this, here is why we don't have a lot of time to make radical changes to the way things are done in this country - in 7 years, kids graduating from high school will be ready to vote having lived their entire lives under the Patriot Act. It will just be an accepted fact of life that the government could be watching them for no reason.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    They're responding to the indoctrination. I can't say I'm at all surprised. This is why I talk to my girls constantly about freedom and the role of the .gov.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    More complicate bleating from the sheep! Most higher education facilities are nothing more than liberal propaganda cults, ensuring their views and definition of what it is to be an American keep growing. Once people graduate and start earning money and see how their tax dollars are wasted, they begin to realize that alll the stuff they learned at college and that equal outcomes are crap! It takes a while but they do come around!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Some years ago while serving on the NRA Board of Directors I was also part of the NRA Speaker's Bureau, which provides speakers on 2nd Amendment issues by request.

HQ called me and told me that they had a request from a professor for me to address his class at Northern Kentucky University (can't remember the subject).

With classes, whether high school or college, it's always my habit to not give a speech but to find out what their class discussions have entailed and have them ask me questions as a representative of the NRA. I was well received by the class, there were plenty in attendance who understood their 2nd amendment rights and were fiercely protective of them, and we were having a lively discussion about basic civil liberties when a young lady offered the opinion that she would have no problem with having government authorities enter her home periodically, search the place and go through her personal belongings in order to ensure that she was doing nothing "wrong."

That's the bad news.

The good news is that as soon as she shut her woefully misguided little piehole you could have heard a pin drop.

As soon as I realized that she was serious and was not pulling my leg I said, "Um...does anyone else here share this lady's opinion concerning our 4th Amendment rights?"

The din that erupted made it pretty clear they definitely did NOT agree. It was very gratifying.

How on earth can any kid in this country get as screwed up in the head as that girl???

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I wonder what effect social media is having on this issue? As folks not only accept but agressively work to post private information and details of their personal lives online for the world to see, the idea of the government "passively" watching is not much different.

How long until everyone must "friend" their local commissar...

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I guess its bad enough that I post stuff on this public forum, but I wont join facebook for this reason. Everyone I know under 30 cant figure out why I wont, and when I tell them they dont understand.

Who else on here avoids facebook?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hopefully its because they're young, but the concessus in a college class this morning,\ regarding monitoring of online activity by the government, was that "if you aren't doing anything illegal, why do you care?".

Terrifying. Absolutely terrifying...

I wonder how many of them still allow their parents to monitor their texting and their on-line activities.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    They're responding to the indoctrination. I can't say I'm at all surprised. This is why I talk to my girls constantly about freedom and the role of the .gov.

I've sat in many different classes. I've never heard any of this indoctrination you guys constantly speak of. I'm thinking most of it comes at home or from simply being ignorant and getting their news in 30 second clips on the news. Blame the parents.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I don't think this is a age related issue. I think that the majority of people throughout history have misunderstood the concept of privacy. I would predict roughly the same answers at the retirement home as I would the at the high school.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't think this is a age related issue. I think that the majority of people throughout history have misunderstood the concept of privacy. I would predict roughly the same answers at the retirement home as I would the at the high school.

I'm guessing int he retirement home many would be wanting the cameras for their own safety. Lots of beatings and some rape goes on in those places. When I'm old, I'd rather be locked in the basement and fed a couple times a day than end up in the step before the morgue.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I've never heard any of this indoctrination you guys constantly speak of.
    I'm an engineer, so fortunately most of my classes were science and math related. But universities still make us take some core liberal arts-type classes to be well-rounded. My sociology classes were a joke and I constantly argued with the prof and told him he and the books were full of wrong-headed ideas. I can only imagine what people who go for BA degrees are subjected to for four years straight.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm an engineer, so fortunately most of my classes were science and math related. But universities still make us take some core liberal arts-type classes to be well-rounded. My sociology classes were a joke and I constantly argued with the prof and told him he and the books were full of wrong-headed ideas. I can only imagine what people who go for BA degrees are subjected to for four years straight.

I'm a business student (final semester) and I've taken elective psych and soc. classes because I like the subjects. Maybe I just quality professors for the classes as they taught ideas from the books but that people shouldn't simply accept something because it was stated. People should actually do some research to gain an understanding of the things around them and come to their own conclusions and if it doesn't match with everyone around them, be prepared to explain your reasoning. I had some professors that I wouldn't ever fully agree with but they didn't try to force their ideas...they welcomed other thoughts and opinions ESPECIALLY if you cared enough to be able to back them up.

Top Bottom