Do we have the names of the Republicans that voted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    per GOA's Facebook page.
    Alexander [TN]
    Ayotte [NH]
    Burr [NC]
    Chambliss [GA]
    Coburn [OK]
    Collins [ME]
    Corker [TN]
    Flake [AZ]
    Graham [SC]
    Heller [NV]
    Hoeven [ND]
    Isakson [GA]
    Kirk [IL]
    McCain [AZ]
    Toomey [PA]
    Wicker [MS]

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It is a little shocking when you just look at the states represented here. McCain doesn't surprise anyone as he comes from the Dick Lugar school of compromise, i.e., keep giving up stuff til we have a deal. Then saying see, we got something done.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I guess all those years in congress have finally brought McCain over to the dark side...(insert appropriate starwars joke here).

Regardless, I did not voluntarily serve 21 years in the US Army, swearing to uphold and defend the US Constitution until death, for some jackwad politician who has no clue what it means to serve honorably. And to have a member of congress who has served under that document to sell it out like that, I lose all respect for him as a man.

Just pitiful.

As for Mr. Donnolley and his "yea" vote...let me just say that I will be recommending to all my fellow Hoosiers, that the next time his name comes up on a ballot, to use their votes to tell him to find a new job.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I guess all those years in congress have finally brought McCain over to the dark side...(insert appropriate starwars joke here).

Regardless, I did not voluntarily serve 21 years in the US Army, swearing to uphold and defend the US Constitution until death, for some jackwad politician who has no clue what it means to serve honorably. And to have a member of congress who has served under that document to sell it out like that, I lose all respect for him as a man.

Just pitiful.

As for Mr. Donnolley and his "yea" vote...let me just say that I will be recommending to all my fellow Hoosiers, that the next time his name comes up on a ballot, to use their votes to tell him to find a new job.

McCain (aka McNasty) has been a traitor for years and years. Mr. Compromise has been hacking away at the Constitution for as long as I can remember.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    In February 1973 I was in Hanoi. I helped McCain get home. I am saddened that he has turned on the Constitution that he swore to defend.

McCain, may you retire in shame and disgrace.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm trying to determine how closely S.649 resembles S.374. They appear to have a lot of similarities.

Here was a good summary of the other transfer ban.... We Have Language for S. 374, the Transfer Ban

I'm not sure if 100% applies here though. Certainly some of it.

It is open for amendment at this point. So the Toomey-Manchin bill will change it, then we have to see what else gets voted into it. At least that is my understanding of the procedure. So at this point, we have no real way of knowing what will be in it. Correct me if I am wrong, because I don't really know. I am just going by snippets from a dozen different articles I have read.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I have heard some commentary that as this was more a procedural vote, the hope is this will be loaded with amendments showing just how much of a grab the anti-constitutionalists want, to get it all on record and in the media, and then when it comes time to the vote on the actual bill have it struck down on the Senate floor.

It sounds like a bit of Russian roulette strategy IMO, but I can see where there may be more strategy than appears at the surface. And I'm really hoping the fact that it's made it this far does motivates those who have been quiet thus far to get in contact with their elected reps and sets it up to be struck down by a landslide.

Top Bottom