Do we have the names of the Republicans that voted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "What are we afraid of?" says former GOP Presidential nominee

Arizona Senators vote to allow gun control votes to proceed
    McCain and fellow Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake joined 14 other Republicans in voting to allow debate on the bill to go forward. They bucked GOP leaders, including Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who had hoped to filibuster and block the bill from coming to a vote.

Reid singled out McCain for praise because McCain came out strongly against a filibuster Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”

“I don’t understand it,” McCain said on the program. “What are we afraid of?…If this issue is as important as all of us think it is…why not take it up and debate?”
    L169_CIFR87b099de871fbd6b11e7aaefd8a9fc4e.jpg

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It is open for amendment at this point. So the Toomey-Manchin bill will change it, then we have to see what else gets voted into it. At least that is my understanding of the procedure. So at this point, we have no real way of knowing what will be in it. Correct me if I am wrong, because I don't really know. I am just going by snippets from a dozen different articles I have read.

That is true.

Toomey said depending on what is added he may not even vote "yes" on his own bill. :dunno:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm surprised, and pleasantly so, that Coat's name was not in that list.
    I also! I listened to him this am on Garrison and kind of had the impression that he wanted the debate and there were going to be more than the 60 to get this on the floor. Anything can happen there and none of it good. This should have been stomped to the curb today. Now we have to listen to all the pleading liberals moaning about "it's for the children" when we know it is about us and our freedoms. Chip away, chip away...incementalism.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    McCain? Why am I not surprised. Even though we got Obama, I'm glad McCain was not elected to the presidency. He's a dolt.

Last edited:

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Joe Donnelly

I just hope everyone is happy that voted for Joe Donnelly. One more step closer to the death of the 2nd and confiscation. Good job Good freakin job. WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN !!!!!! WHAT ?

Top Bottom