• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    After more than 7000 rounds through my 2-week old GSG1911, I thought it would be a good time to do a review of its accuracy.

Blackberry Video:

If you can't tell from the video, I just love the GSG1911!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    A lot of time and money down range. How is the gun holding up? Any mods done to it besides the grips? Thanks for the info.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I think I've got about 2-3k through mine. Slight wear on the finish already, but the Mods haven't started yet. You might even see a set of XS Big Dots on it here soon..

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    More than 7000 rounds in two weeks is quite a bit more than I could ever shoot with any of my larger caliber handguns. With the GSG1911 being a .22lr, and my gun club located between my work and home, 7000 rounds is quite doable... Just ask my wife. :rolleyes:

This is the record that I am keeping with my GSG1911. It shows exactly when parts are being repaired and replaced. I am quite happy with the way the GSG1911 is holding up. The only part breakage has been the barrel bushing, which is a known issue and has been addressed with the current models being shipped by GSG. ATI customer support is outstanding, and replaced it right away. The breakage did not slow me down, since it is a standard 1911 part and I temporarily replaced it with a bushing from one of my other 1911's.

roundcount10210.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    A lot of time and money down range. How is the gun holding up? Any mods done to it besides the grips? Thanks for the info.

I replaced the Mainspring housing with a S&W flat checkered MSH. I replaced the wood grips with a Hogue grip. I have Altamont finger grips on my other 1911's and these give the same feel at half the cost. I also filed the largest of the front sights to achieve POA/POI parity.

Pic of the modified GSG1911 at 6000+ rounds:
    gsgat6000.gif

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pretty detailed report. I was comparing my friends GSG to my Colt Conversion unit and they are very different. I can't wait to shoot to the two side by side for comparison. I'll be getting a GSG when funds allow. Thanks again. :yesway:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I've read some other reviews and I am simply amazed at the quality of these guns. They seem to be real bargains!

How much do Cachedisks run? You've gone through several, is this a big deal? Is this common for pistols with so much use? Should i be on the look out for this in my guns?(I don't have a GSG1911)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I've read some other reviews and I am simply amazed at the quality of these guns. They seem to be real bargains!

How much do Cachedisks run? You've gone through several, is this a big deal? Is this common for pistols with so much use? Should i be on the look out for this in my guns?(I don't have a GSG1911)

ATI has told me that GSG is working on improved cachedisks (recoil buffers) that will last much longer, and will provide them to GSG1911 owners for free once they are available. I have just been using 3/16" 4.8 neoprene rubber washers from home depot until GSG issues the improved disks. At .75 cents for a pack of four, it is not costing me much in the meantime.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    New Video Update

In my latest video, I am once again demonstrating the inherent accuracy of the GSG1911. Although I was not trying to be a showman, I was forced to do a one handed shot to video and shoot the target at the same time.

This video was the first and only take, and it kinda surprised me that the shot was as perfect as it was. I hope that what people can take away from this video is that the GSG1911 is a super-accurate pistol... Even at nearly 8,000 rounds fired.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I got the chance to fondle one at 21st Century last week, I must admit-
    Loved the weight and feel of the GSG. Great review, I am glad its working for you! I think GSG did a great job on this one!

Top Bottom