• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Dang that's one heck of a report. How many rounds did you fire out of it today?

I was only able to shoot about 75 rounds today, which finished another box of Federal bulk ammo, and brings my round count to 7,844. I am lucky enough to be a member of a gun club, that is located between my work and home, and this allows me to get a bit of shooting in most days.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I am lucky enough to be a member of a gun club, that is located between my work and home, and this allows me to get a bit of shooting in most days.

That's awesome! I have to drive an hour to get to my favorite shooting range, but it's still worth it. Do you use a speed loader or anything like that?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I love mine, but in your report it says you had to replace the cachedisk, how much was that and where did you order it? Mine is about toast assuming its the little rubber disk thing.

But other than that I love the gun, its accurate, easy to shoot, and so far dead reliable.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    That is just flat out awesome man! Not only the gun but that you have given the dedication to shooting that much and kept track.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I got one from IndyGunSafety, best price at the time. He's a supporter/advertiser here in the forums. I don't have near the rounds downrange gglass does, but I did manage to get through about 500 today. No FTF's, 1 FTL, 1FTE. I love plinking with this pistol! I find it easier to load the magazine (and easier on my thumb) to pull the follower all the way down with thumb and forefinger (there's a pin that sticks out just far enough on both sides of the mag to grab), and then just drop the rounds in at the right angle. Faster for me, anyway.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I apologize for not keeping everyone up to date on the current GSG1911 round count, but things have been a little more hectic around here and the fact that I am spending some time with my new Remington 700 Police.

Here is the latest:

I have had my first real hardware related stoppage! Last week I was within 150 rounds of reaching 10,000 rounds downrange, and suddenly my GSG1911 would click, but would not go bang. After a quick inspection, I found that the firing pin had broken at the rear where it is impacted by the hammer. If this were one of my standard 1911's, this would have been a 10-minute stoppage, but as the GSG1911 firing pin group is fully contained in the slide, I figured I would utilize ATI's customer service.

The GSG1911 is currently in the hands of ATI's gunsmith Michael, who has assured me that this will be a quick turnaround... I might have it back this week.

I am not at all disappointed in the durability of the GSG1911. In fact, I have been amazed that it just feels better and better every time I go to the range. Being a rimfire pistol, I have fully expected that the firing pin was going to be the weakest part of the whole firearm, and nearly 10,000 rounds is a respectable point to finally give up the ghost.

Once I get the GSG1911 back in service, I will start posting the next chapter in this saga... The quest for 20k rounds! :rockwoot:

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Any particular brand of ammo it shoots best with? Any brand it doesn't like at all? Picking up one tomorrow morning from a fellow INGOer and might be able to get it to the range next week!

Top Bottom