• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivitir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    So I've been thinking about getting a pocket pistol or "mouse gun" as I've heard them referred to. Looking through all the options I'm starting to settle on the Bersa Thunder CC.

So this made me want to check in with all of you and ask, what kind of mouse gun is your favorite? And what caliber do you like?
    And if any of you have experience with the versa thunder let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    The Ruger LCP .380 is good if you have small hands or can control it without your pinky on it. Taurus 85 .38 special revolver is not bad either but a little thicker. Both are snappy, small guns, and NOT fun to shoot, but that is not their purpose.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    S&W J-frame or bodyguard 38, snappy, not fun...

but when I ask what the owner of my lgs carries, and he pulls out a j-frame, and so do the other 4 guys working....that says something to me.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a Kel Tec P32 everyday. It is extremely light (7 oz. empty) and totally reliable. It is very slim and its light weight and slimness make it very practical to carry. It is very, very, accurate considering its size.

Terry

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I prefer the original mouse gun, the real McCoy, the choice of Bond, the Walther PPK or PPK/S in 9mm Kurz and load it up with Winchester Silver Tip Hollow Points. They are concealable, dependable and as a bonus, you get your own theme song:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWkQ7F5l5SA[/ame]

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I carry a variety of full-size handguns every day, but the one that is always somewhere on my person is the LCP.

deadmanslcplarge.jpg

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I wouldn't consider a Bersa a mouse gun, but it is still a great gun if that is what you want.

Normally I think of mouse guns as a gun that is not only very small (smaller than a glock 26/m&p compact/xd subcompact/beretta subcompact) but also in a 'diminutive' caliber like the .32. .25 or even a .22lr or .22short. That is definitely up for interpretation though.

This is a great link to a huge list of very small handguns:
    http://mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

If you are looking at .380, lots of people like the LCPs, Bodyguard .380s, p3ats and diamondbacks. Good luck with the search!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've got a CC. Well I did. Its my daughter's now.

Nice gun for the money. Not a mouse gun.

Bersa2.jpg

Stock grips stink. I rectified that with a set of Marschal grips.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Here's two question you need to answer first...

1. Do you want something that is small and "fun" to shoot? If you do, the challenge is much more difficult and eliminates a lot of options. If you don't care that said "mouse gun" is a snappy handful because its just going to sit in the pocket, then you have many more choices.

2. $300, $600 or a $1000. Pick your limit. This will also narrow down the choices.

That PDF from mouseguns.com really does show 99% of your options.

I'll reiterate about the Thunder 380 CC. I love it. Was nice to shoot. I got it like new (probably unfired) from BGF for right around $200. Best deal on a handgun ever. The grips make it a delight to hold. Its just not a pocket gun. Great purse gun though...

Last edited:

sailinon

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    I don't know if I'd call this a "mouse gun" but I carry a S&W 340 pd. It's .357, weighs around 13 ounces and is on me everywhere but airports, work and when I'm asleep and the alarm is on. .357's are punishing to the hand to practice with so I practice with .38's. It's so light the elastic in the waistband of my underwear will hold it in place while I get coffee in the kitchen in the morning on my way downstairs to exercise.

It never jams and always goes "bang" 5 times in a row.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I got a guardian in .32 and it's a sweet lil chunk of stainless steel, lil hefty, but compared to a bigger gun it's still lite and it's really easy shootin

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    So I've been thinking about getting a pocket pistol or "mouse gun" as I've heard them referred to. Looking through all the options I'm starting to settle on the Bersa Thunder CC.

So this made me want to check in with all of you and ask, what kind of mouse gun is your favorite? And what caliber do you like?
    And if any of you have experience with the versa thunder let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
    I have had really good luck with the Kel Tec P3AT. It is a very small gun that can be concealed anywhere. It is lightweight, and mine has been 100% reliable. It does take a little practice to ge the trigger pull down, but nothing some snap caps and a few minutes of your time cant fix. Once you master the trigger, it is very capable of producing combat acceptable groups at close distances. Its not a gun you'll want to shoot 200 rds downrange with, but thats not what it was designed for. I bought mine for around $260 at my lgs. Hope this helps.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I just bought the Kahr CM9. Great little gun, although a bit bigger than a Ruger LCP. I would compare its size more to Ruger's LC9. I also looked at the Diamondback DB9. For me it came down to the trigger pull. All three had an awkward pull and the break wasn't nearly as smooth as the Kahr. If you want a "true" pocket pistol, you might want to look at the S&W Bodyguard 380. My dad owns that and I think it's the best of all worlds. It's small enough to fit in a pocket, nice trigger pull and more accurate than the LCP and DB9 (in my experience). Have fun with the research!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Here's two question you need to answer first...

1. Do you want something that is small and "fun" to shoot? If you do, the challenge is much more difficult and eliminates a lot of options. If you don't care that said "mouse gun" is a snappy handful because its just going to sit in the pocket, then you have many more choices.

Crispy's got it right. If the answer is only "small and it sits in my pocket" - LCP is great. If the answer is "small and doesn't hurt to shoot so I'll practice more with it" - Kahr p380 is my choice.

Top Bottom