• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivitir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    I'm wanting something fun to shoot but easily carried should I ever want to carry it. That and I always wanted a James Bond like gun but without the James Bond price tag. :-D
    I will look at other grips for my Bersa.

I like the suggestions thus far though. I probably will want to get a pocket gun some day. (I always thought mouse gun was a term used for anything smaller than a 9mm)

Is the 380 the largest true pocket gun caliber? I must admit I was kinda disappointed when I couldn't find a Bersa Thunder/Walther PPK in 9mm. :-(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Bersa 380CC, PPK/S and a Sig P238. The Sig is the only real pocket gun and is my favorite among the three. The Bersa's a great gun to carry and to shoot, but it's just a bit big for pocket carry unless you wear large pocket cargo pants a lot. The PPK is a nice gun now, but I hated the thing through the first 400 rounds. It's up to about 600 rounds and seems to be working well now and is fun to shoot due to the weight. That weight also makes it tough to pocket carry though. It's a bit larger than the Bersa CC too.

The Sig is my favorite because its fun to shoot and easy to carry. It's also the most expensive of the three and cost almost twice the cost of the CC. But, it carries in a pocket very well and is accurate for the size.

picture.php

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    MOUSE GUN EXAMPLES (imo):
    Beretta Bobcat, tomcat, jetfire
    Taurus pt 22, pt 25, Taurus TCP
    Ruger LCP
    Sig p238
    Walther ppk (not ppk/s)-though ppk is a little heavy
    north american arms 380,
    diamondback 380
    hellcat (would not recommend)
    smith and wesson bodyguard 380
    almost any derringer

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I've got a CC. Well I did. Its my daughter's now.

Nice gun for the money. Not a mouse gun.

Bersa2.jpg

Stock grips stink. I rectified that with a set of Marschal grips.

I put those same grips on my bride's....she loves it !!!:)

...The grips make it a delight to hold. Its just not a pocket gun. Great purse gun though...

Agreed, a great gun but NOT a pocket gun......that's why she carries in her purse :)::):

Note: Just stay away from COBRA's !!! They are only good for paperweights :rolleyes:

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    i traded a walther ppks away for a 3" sp101 .357, about the same weight but muuuuch better caliber. i almost bought a keltec p32 but last minute decided on the LCP. IMO the LCP is best mouse gun available...with a remora holster i call mine a pajama gun. the elastic on shorts or pajamas holds it in place with a remora holster and that is what i carry at home while in pj's. smaller than that I would consider an NAA Black Widow .22 w/clip handle. In fact, I am.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I have the Diamondback DB9 and love it. It conceals very well in the front pocket of any pair of pants or shorts I own, it is 6+1 of 9mm which has plenty of power for a pocket pistol, and haven't any issues with it. It is either a great backup for the glock in MTAC or i even put it in my gym shorts pocket when I go out to run the trails in the summer.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't know if I'd call this a "mouse gun" but I carry a S&W 340 pd. It's .357, weighs around 13 ounces and is on me everywhere but airports, work and when I'm asleep and the alarm is on. .357's are punishing to the hand to practice with so I practice with .38's. It's so light the elastic in the waistband of my underwear will hold it in place while I get coffee in the kitchen in the morning on my way downstairs to exercise.

It never jams and always goes "bang" 5 times in a row.

Another vote for the 340PD. Although I load 38+P 158gr.
    It's my always gun even if I'm carrying something else heavier.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another vote for the Ruger LCP (with Desantis Nemesis) holster. Extremely easy to carry everyday...just like puttin' your pocket knife in your other front pocket. 300+ rounds down with no issues whatsoever.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Ruger LCR with laser works well. It is very light and goes bang every time, but I think for a true mouse gun I'd recommend the KelTec P32.

Unlike every other tiny .32 pistol, P32 has moderate recoil, thanks to its Browning-type tilt-barrel design. The barrel moves back slightly on recoil, absorbing most of the kick. This design also allows much lighter recoil spring than those found in plain blowback pistols, so racking to chamber a round or clear a jam is much easier than with other models. With some pistols, people avoid practicing because of painful kick -- not so with the P32.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I carry a Ruger LC9 every day, but...

...At home and around the compound I carry my all-time favorite mousegun, a S&W 351C. This little beauty is an Air-Lite S&W J-Frame [with no infernal safety lock] .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire that holds 7 shots in the cylinder. The hammer is internal so it is snag-free and DAO. The front sight is an XS Big Dot sight. With the right .22 Magnum ammo, the little revolver can do the job without much recoil--I use Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel .22 Mags, but the new Hornady Critical Defense .22 Mags ought to be just as good if not better. :twocents:

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have a bersa and it's a real good little gun, but bought it for the wife she doesn't like it says it hurts her hand when she shoots it. Does have some hard recoil for a small gun, so for now it just sits in the safe.

Top Bottom