Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Kev

Bersa Thunder .380 Reviews?

Hi everyone! I am seriously thinking about getting a Bersa Thunder .380 as my smaller carry gun, but wanted to run it past you first.

I basically want a reliable smaller carry for either OC/CC, comfortable, and accurate. I like the idea of a thumb saftey for extra security.

Any pros or cons that stand out on this gun?

I've done some research and everything seems to point as a good buy.
    Let me know! Thanks!

I have the CC version and have no complaints whatsoever. I think they are great guns for the money and lifetime warranted to boot. That said, for light carry, I almost always use my P3AT because the Bersa is still steel and heavier, but I often keep it in my computer case. It is a lot nicer to shoot than the P3AT.

I don't think you can go wrong buying one.

My first handgun was a Bursa .380 Thunder, the standard version, and I absolutely loved it!! It shot easy, carried even better! I sold it to get an M&P 9c. I wish I hadn't. Great for ankle carry, or IWB.

Good Luck!
    "Disarm the people - that is the best and most effective way to ENSLAVE them"

I also have the CC model. Its a great shooter with no problems encountered. I think its a little heavy for pocket carry IMHO, but you can make it disapear if you want to. Only downside I've found is the cost of extra mags.

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    My Bersa experiance.

Once I deviated from my precous J frame Smith and Wesson's to try a small compact .380 automatic. (Forgive me Daniel Wesson and Horace Smith because I knew not what I did.) and bought two .380's. I was going to do a side by side comparison and the one that did the best was the one I would keep and carry. One was a Walther PPK/S and the other was a Bersa CC, both in .380.

I so wanted the Walther to win. I tried everything (because it's a Walther right?) but no matter how much I wished it the Bersa won the contest. It was more accurate, no FTF's no matter what ammo I ran in it. The Bersa beat the Walther hands down in all the ways that matter in a CC weapon..

The point being. Get the Bersa unless you have a James Bond love. Better yet, get the Smith and Wesson J frame, it's not any better but the round it shoots is way better.

IMHO lest my comments be construed as "testy".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    My Bersa experiance.

Once I deviated from my precous J frame Smith and Wesson's to try a small compact .380 automatic. (Forgive me Daniel Wesson and Horace Smith because I knew not what I did.) and bought two .380's. I was going to do a side by side comparison and the one that did the best was the one I would keep and carry. One was a Walther PPK/S and the other was a Bersa CC, both in .380.

I so wanted the Walther to win. I tried everything (because it's a Walther right?) but no matter how much I wished it the Bersa won the contest. It was more accurate, no FTF's no matter what ammo I ran in it. The Bersa beat the Walther hands down in all the ways that matter in a CC weapon..

The point being. Get the Bersa unless you have a James Bond love. Better yet, get the Smith and Wesson J frame, it's not any better but the round it shoots is way better.

IMHO lest my comments be construed as "testy".
    I would agree. I, too, have had both and liked the Bersa much better. At least it didn't try to chew my thumb off!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJLH09 View Post
    My first handgun was a Bursa .380 Thunder, the standard version, and I absolutely loved it!! It shot easy, carried even better! I sold it to get an M&P 9c. I wish I hadn't. Great for ankle carry, or IWB.

Good Luck!

I did this as well and regretted selling the Bursa ever since. I love my M& P, but it does not carry as well as the Bursa. I had zero issues with the one I had. Only reason I really sold it was could not find ammo for it after the last election. No one had it.
    I had some on hand, but did not want to shoot it up, and not be able to get more. It is everywhere again now.
    The will of God will never take you,where the grace of God cannot protect you.

Plinker
    I picked up a bersa .380 at the fort ben gun show for my girlfriend on mothers day and couldnt be happier with it. Between the 2 of us we have run about 500 rounds through it with no problems. Very accurate and a blast to shoot. I want to get a thunder plus for myself.
    Last edited by seadoodr.; 08-09-2012 at 12:59. Reason: spelling error

My wife loves her Bersa. One note of caution, hers does not like pro mag magazines. When using the pro-mags she had multiple ftf with every mag regardless of the ammo. With factory mags it feeds everything (so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy219 View Post
    I'll go... But then again, I'll go either way.

Originally Posted by xfrostybeersx
    Hey now I'm on top of Larry!

I bought the two tone thunder .380 for the wife. It was ok but she didn't like it so I traded it off.

IDK, it just didn't seem to fit any of our needs very well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast