• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not sure there is a best carry gun. You will have to decide which is best for you. There are many EXCELLENT carry guns. Which brands/models do you currently shoot?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Yeah, there's really no "best". Some fulfill certain requirements better than others, though. Aside from an 11+ capacity (which pretty much narrows the selection to non-pocket pistol semi-automatics) have you any other criteria that might help us suggest some pistols you might wish to consider? Because in the end all we really can do is make some suggestions - you're going to want to handle (and preferably shoot) them before you decide on one.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    looking to buy a carry gun but dont know what i really want any ideas? would like to have one that holds more than 10rds

There is no "best". Different people will weight different aspects more important than others. Size, weight, caliber, capacity, brand, trigger feel, grip angle, presence of a rail, sight style, availability of aftermarket grips/stocks, sights, steel or polymer, action type (DA/SA, DAO, striker fired, SAO), etc.

There are a ton of good options, though. None of my carry guns would meet your criteria, as I don't care about having 10 round magazines. My Sig P220 is 8+1, and my other two carry guns are revolvers, 6 shot and 5 shot respectively. My personal choice would be the 1911 if my department authorized them, again not a 10 round mag.

I wrote a guide for selecting a carry weapon based on YOUR parameters, not what other people decided using THEIR parameters, here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._self_defense/273631-carry_gun_selection.html

Take a look if you like, might answer some questions you have.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I agree that you have to decide what is the best carry gun for you bit I also think this is a great place to get other peoples opinions and some information. My opinion is the glock 19.

commonality

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    The best carry gun is the one you have on you. Really though, it nice to have options. It's nice to have different guns for different roles.

killshot500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    marion
    well i have a tactical remington 870 for home defense and a xdm 4.5 9mm that i believe is the greatest gun ever but its a little big to cc i was thinkin glock 19 or something i would like to have 10+rds

RVSALESGUY1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    looking to buy a carry gun but dont know what i really want any ideas? would like to have one that holds more than 10rds
    i was just at a gun show in ft wayne and i think i found a new guni want to buy for carry....sig 250***,full size....holds 17+1 i thnk....i personnaly carry a sig 6 now...only holds 8 or 9

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Best for you or best for me?

The gun you can afford, can handle, is comfortable to carry, and you feel is reliable enough to bet your life on.

Top Bottom