• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nhunt46051

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Lapel
    New to the forum and after looking around seems everyone has a thing for CZ's around here! My dad recently gave me a Colt Z40 that I've always had a thing for, I was with him at a gunshow as a kid when he bought it, so that must have something to do with it. Anyone have much experience with this. It came with some paperwork from Colt that it think 600 were made.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Never knew about these. Cool. Kinda looks like a cross between a 1911 and a 3rd gen S&W.

MO_0074.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I bought one from CM last year. The .40cal is actually smooth and the steel CZ40 tames it quite nicely. Good trigger out of the box, accuracy was excellent, and functioned 100%.
    Another INGO member now has it.

nhunt46051

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Lapel
    Never knew about these. Cool. Kinda looks like a cross between a 1911 and a 3rd gen S&W.

MO_0074.jpg
    thats it! It does have a nice smooth trigger pull. I've shot it a few times. I think I read they were originally intended to be a law enforcement gun but the deal fell through. I'll post the Colt cert. when I have a chance

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    My father has one that he purchased when they were first released. It is still unfired w/the red warning tag tied to the trigger guard. They are very cool guns and definitely a rarity in the "firearm world".

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So I fondled your gun before you ever knew you needed it.

The design has possibilities. I'm die hard 1911 and thought it might have some advantages. At my age I'm not going to change much from the original design.
    It was a nice gun and it changed my thoughts on .40cal. .40 gets a bad rap due mostly to the smaller, light, guns. I found it to be a nice caliber when matched properly.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I'll post the Colt cert. when I have a chance[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in seeing this as well. As others have said, most people have never heard of this pistol. I was fortunate enough to find one early on, NIB at lgs and jumped on it....still unfired to this day.

nhunt46051

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Lapel
    I'll post the Colt cert. when I have a chance

I'm interested in seeing this as well. As others have said, most people have never heard of this pistol. I was fortunate enough to find one early on, NIB at lgs and jumped on it....still unfired to this day.[/QUOTE]

I pulled the authentcity cert out just went over the specs of the gun snddtates that ABN Sports supply in Mansfield OH got 352 in there shipment and factory records indicate 800 Colt Z40 pistols were produced. Date of shipment was August 31,1999

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I also had one of the early ones. It shot very well. It is no longer in the collection. A salesman at my lgs used to carry one when he was working.

Top Bottom