• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I'm thinking about a Bersa for CC as an inexpensive alternative to the PPK.

Does anyone have any experience with Bersa?

Any other recommendations for anything similar for CC?

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I have one. It shoots every thing I feed it.

Easy to clean. Easy to work on.

Problems?

DO NOT EVER SHOOT STEEL CASED 380 out of it unless you like your barrel/ejection port scored & scared.

The parts for the thing (example - mags) are hella expensive.

Great shooter though.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Awesome shooter for the price. Was an idiot for giving it up. Could place 5 shots within an inch at 7 yards (and its a pocket pistol). Gotta love a fixed barrel! Also, only get the Bersa mags, not the everpresent promags for the thing. Everyone seems to carry only the promags or present promags as factory ones. THEY ARE DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I had a Thunder 380 for several years. Fine pistol. Sold it to a friend to get money for something else. Miss it. Very good trigger for an inexpensive gun.
    The Bersa always worked great, never a problem and was accurate for such a small pistol. It fed everything including handloads without a hitch. Factory magazines are pricey and hard to find. Stay away form after-market mags like Pro-Mag, buy only factory mags and you won't have problems. Highly recommend the Bersa 380.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bradis, where I work part-time, has stocked Bersas for as long as I can remember; they are easily the most trouble-free of all the "second tier" imports (even besting Taurus in that regard). I spoke to a gentleman from Argentina once, who said the Bersas there were like the S&W J-Frames here - everybody owns one because they work, but nobody will own up to it because they're not "sexy". ;)

I actually prefer the regular Thunder .380 to the newer CC model, for a couple reasons: 1) The Thunder's controls are much easier to reach and are smoother to activate than the CC's (I'll take that over "low profile" any day), and 2) the Thunder has usable sights with high-visibility markings and an adjustable rear, as opposed to the J-frame-like rear sight channel and integral front on the CC. The CC's is a little shorter, flatter and lighter than the Thunder, and that could make a difference in some modes of carry other than traditional IWB or OWB. Let your mission drive the gear train, and choose appropriately.

Factory mags aren't all that hard to find (we keep them in stock at all times), but they are expensive, and the guns only come with one. Guess that's where the mfr. and importer make their money, but it sucks if you're a mag whore like me! :lmfao:

HTH!

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    WOW.. you guys are good.. thanks,
    I guess maybe I'm on the right track.. any other recommendations for something along these lines? Anybody have one FS?:):

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    My mother and I both have had one for about 6yrs. It is a great little gun and will eat anything + its very accurate. My wife has taken mine over. She loves it and so does my mother! You can't go wrong buying one.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Might as well toss in my 2 cents also I suppose, but I feel the same as everyone else.

Bersa is a great gun, I had one and sold it but really liked it. For me I think I want a 9mm in that size gun, but there was nothing wrong with it at all. Kicked more than 9mm due to blowback design, but I was very accurate with it. No failures ever with it, sold it to a friend so I hope to shoot it again soon! If the CC version had better sights I'd like it better than the original I think.

Also, :: Bersa Talk :: is the best place to find info on these guns or for help with anything regarding them.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Factory mags aren't all that hard to find (we keep them in stock at all times), but they are expensive, and the guns only come with one. Guess that's where the mfr. and importer make their money, but it sucks if you're a mag whore like me! :lmfao:

HTH!

I ordered an extra one from Bersa and it took about a month to get it. They love those mags because they sure don't give them away. I also ordered the rubberized grip for my wife and it really fits her small hands well.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Here's a good review of the gun from youtube. The only thing I don't like is the amount of safeties on the gun, but overall seems like a pretty good choice out of all the semi-auto .380's.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgt65OL7t3c[/ame]

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Man, must be cold in the review room...... :n00b:

Also, I never used the manual safety a single time on my Bersa, (not lefty friendly) or the key lock. That only leaves the mag safety and it did not bother me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Man, must be cold in the review room...... :n00b:

Also, I never used the manual safety a single time on my Bersa, (not lefty friendly) or the key lock. That only leaves the mag safety and it did not bother me.

Was a good review but I also do not like the key lock feature (damn lawyers). As for the gloves, maybe he's a hit man and doesn't want to leave his fingerprints on the gun ;)

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    lol, the same thought crossed my mind :):

The only real reason I can think of that is real is maybe tattoos. Covered up that much he might be covered and feels he can be taken more serious this way? I don't know, but a good review, definitely one better youtube reviews I have seen.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Actually if you watch the rest of his reviews (he has a good youtube channel) you'll notice he lives in Michigan and the room he does the reviews in is pretty cold. That's sort of to explain the otherwise strange outfit. You should check out his channel though if you haven't, it actually has quite a lot of reviews on it.

Top Bottom