• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey folks, we have a small informal cigar lounge in Schererville inside the PINE ISLAND PLAZA (US 30 and Pine Island Ct) and we are having a Cigar Night on THURSDAY EVENING Feb 25 from 5pm to 9pm.

Its just an open house type event, come when you can, stay for a while, leave when the wife makes you go home. The cigar representative from Romeo y Julietta will be there, he also represents Don Diego, St Luis Rey, Gispert and some other brands. He is planning to sample some VEGA FINA cigars. Vega Fina is not a well known premium brand here in the US, but its the #3 brand in Europe and they want to promote the brand.

This event is open to the general public BUT I figured I'd invite INGO members and turn it into an OPEN CARRY INGO NIGHT:rockwoot:

We had a thread last month and there was a lot of interest in an open carry event for northwest Indiana so what could be better than cigars and guns? Seems like such a logical combination.

You'll know me because I will be carrying this gun in a simple leather slide:
    3-5.jpg

The cigar shop is called THE PIT STOP SMOKE SHOP.

It is located next door to ZUNI's Restaurant. The back of the store faces US30 and is inside the Pine Island Plaza strip mall which is located on the south side of US30 at the stoplight at US30 & Pine Island Ct.

IAC533

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I like the open carry, but not the cigars.Next one that's not smoking related I'm there. I live only a few blocks away, so it won't be much of a drive:):

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I don't smoke, but have a close friend who really likes nice cigars.
    I also don't carry a pistol, but do carry a carbine or smg.
    Good enough reason to stop-in.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I just thought I'd bump this for folks who have not seen it. I've gotten a couple PMs from folks who plan to show up.

Oh, and if you don't Open Carry that is OK too. But enjoying a (legal) smoke is probably mandatory???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Well I just met up with INGO member DJM95B quite by accident. He was sitting and enjoying a nice cigar (I think it was a PUNCH but I'm not sure). I was at the lounge talking to the manager he settled into a chair just about the time I was getting ready to leave. Nice guy. He comes in with his wife from time to time to smoke a cigar and watch the TV.

Unfortunately I had to leave but I hope to sit and chat with him in the future.

I also got a call from the cigar rep who will be the host at the Cigar Night on Feb 25. He's on his way to Midwest Gun Exchange to pick up a Glock 22 police trade in. He don't have any Glock pistols (yet) but at $329 for a G22 with night sights it would be hard to go wrong!

Looking forward to meeting up with some more INGO members on the evening of the 25th.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wish this wasnt so far away.. I would love to come. Never smoked a cigar always wanted to try.

Start with a MILD cigar. Acid Blondie is common with many younger folks getting into cigars. Macanudo Hampton Court and Ashton Imperial for the older folks looking for a mild, but more mature cigar experience.

I'm heading to the lounge shortly, planning to meet up with my real estate partner to have a smoke and a meeting. I'm planning to smoke a Tabak Especial Robusto Negra when I get there. Been craving one for a couple of days. Its very mild, has a mild hint of coffee flavor, slightly sweet, no spice or bite and very well made.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just talked to my friend who does automotive graphics, he will have a banner for me tomorrow morning so there will be a white banner, about 8' wide by 2' tall facing US30 at/near the corner of US30 and Pine Island Court to help guide folks to the shop.

It will probably be facing slightly to the west making it easy for eastbound traffic to view. Folks coming from the easy will be coming over a hill and down to the stoplight, not sure they'd be able to really see the banner.

But we are looking forward to the event, some of my people were asking about food. I'm thinking of meat & cheese tray type stuff and maybe some cookies or small pastry that we can sit out for people to snack on while smoking a cigar. Thoughts? This is a small lounge so we really can't provide anything too elaborate because of space issues, but I think snacks like these might be good???

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I moved to Schererville in 09...........I am just about 15yrs smoke free:rockwoot:PTL......I would love to get together with you guys but, only in a Non-smoking or outdoor event, however please post how many folks show up so we can plan another NWI event. Be safe but have a good time.:ingo:

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Sadly I have to work tonight or else I would definately be there! Having another INGO event in NWI sounds like a good idea! Hopefully I can make the next event!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom