• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It went pretty well, we had so much smoke in there that, despite the air cleaners running full blast, we had to open the door for a while! At one point we counted 13 people in there smoking, but there are only 8 seats! About 1/2 the people who showed up were cigar smokers who were NOT from INGO but the other 1/2 of the folks were gun folks from INGO, but very few open carried. The event ran from 5pm to 9pm and most people seemed to stick around for about an hour.

It was good to catch up with Fireball and talk with him for awhile. He and I did a cigars for bullets trade and he got the short end of that deal, despite my efforts to pack him down with free cigars. He brought some 720 grain .458 bullets, they are almost as long as your finger!!! He also brought me a few 100 grain ALUMINUM 458 hollowpoint bullets that should make for some interesting handloaded pumpkin killers. Oh and some 320gr solid copper bonecrushers in 458 as well.

Oh, and the VEGA FINA cigars that were given away for free, those were actually very good. I was surprised because they are under $5 each, and in that price range you often get inconsistent quality but these were very good. They were pretty mild and mellowed out nicely after smoking them down a bit. They held their ash well, had an easy draw, and seemed to impress most folks.

Now the fact that one of the guys brought in some "XO" rum (sipping quality) from a distiller that is owned by the same family that owns the PADRON cigar brand, well that just seemed to make the 2nd half of the evening a little more relaxing.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    It went pretty well, we had so much smoke in there that, despite the air cleaners running full blast, we had to open the door for a while! At one point we counted 13 people in there smoking, but there are only 8 seats! About 1/2 the people who showed up were cigar smokers who were NOT from INGO but the other 1/2 of the folks were gun folks from INGO, but very few open carried. The event ran from 5pm to 9pm and most people seemed to stick around for about an hour.

It was good to catch up with Fireball and talk with him for awhile. He and I did a cigars for bullets trade and he got the short end of that deal, despite my efforts to pack him down with free cigars. He brought some 720 grain .458 bullets, they are almost as long as your finger!!! He also brought me a few 100 grain ALUMINUM 458 hollowpoint bullets that should make for some interesting handloaded pumpkin killers. Oh and some 320gr solid copper bonecrushers in 458 as well.

Oh, and the VEGA FINA cigars that were given away for free, those were actually very good. I was surprised because they are under $5 each, and in that price range you often get inconsistent quality but these were very good. They were pretty mild and mellowed out nicely after smoking them down a bit. They held their ash well, had an easy draw, and seemed to impress most folks.

Now the fact that one of the guys brought in some "XO" rum (sipping quality) from a distiller that is owned by the same family that owns the PADRON cigar brand, well that just seemed to make the 2nd half of the evening a little more relaxing.

Man, I wish I woulda checked on here before this morning. I loves me a good cigar. Woulda made the trip from greenwood for that event!

DJM95B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    Schererville, IN.
    Doug, one of these days you and I will get a chance, when we both have the time, to sit and smoke as opposed to just pass each other at that shop. BTW, how did the eye surgery go? Back to 20/20?
    Just had my one week check up this morning. Everything is 20/20. It went great! Oh, and seeings how my local eye doctor is at the corner of Rt. 30 and Taft, had to stop next door to check out that location. Nice digs!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just had my one week check up this morning. Everything is 20/20. It went great! Oh, and seeings how my local eye doctor is at the corner of Rt. 30 and Taft, had to stop next door to check out that location. Nice digs!
    Doug glad to hear all went well. Dr K is a nice guy, he has a race car with "PIT STOP" logos on it that he will be racing this summer.

But that store in his building may be moved! That is the only store that is just a store, the other two have small lounges. We are looking at a property very close to US30/US41 that (assuming we can rent the space) will have a much larger showroom and much larger, much nicer lounge area.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom