Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lugar response on UN small arms treaty

Response from Lugar on the UN small arms treaty. Sure it is a standard form letter, but was surprised he included as much as he did in the response. And it is the only reponse I have recieved back. Wondering if others got the same, or recieved responses from our other representative from our state.

Thank you for contacting me concerning the control of small arms. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.
    I support the Second Amendmentrights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting,and defensive purposes; I also support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. Indiana's Constitution provides both a liberty and a property right to bear firearms,which is stronger Second Amendment protection than the residents of many states enjoy.

The Obama Administration has announced its support ofU.N.-sponsored negotiations for a treaty to regulate the trade of conventional weapons. However, no treaty has been negotiated. If a treaty is signed by a President in the future it would be subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, requiring a two thirds vote. To date, theAdministration has not formally engaged with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which I am Ranking Member, with regard to this issue.

I will continue to follow this matter closely. Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

RichardG. Lugar
    UnitedStates Senator

I appreciate Dickies reply, but think he is being a bit naive when it comes to this administration and the way they circumvent conventional processes. IMHO
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

VFW/NRA PATRON LIFETIME MEMBER
    AMERICAN lEGION/ GOA MEMBER
    __________________________________________________ ______
    SAF/CCRKBA MEMBERSHIP----BUT ARE STILL ON MY EL TORO POO POO LIST!!
    COMPROMISE FOR GUN OWNERS MEANS LOSS OF RIGHTS
    NO COMPROMISE!!!!

He's not exactly taking a stand there, is he?
    Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

He's likely taking a dump - not a stand...

I have no use for the man.
    Remove Firefox and Thunderbird - do not support the fascists at Mozilla.

Nope, didn't say one way of another as to whether he would support the UN or The Constitution of the United States of America!

He's basically saying that there's "Nothing to be worried about, yet...". Will he actually follow through with his beliefs and oppose it, should it come to vote? He kinda left that up in the air, didnt' he...

Master
    I'm having flashbacks of Lugar supporting a candidate for the supreme court who'd never actually served as a judge..... Sure he won't appease obama on this now will he.

Sharpshooter
    Yeah, I got exactly the same form letter back in response to my fax. Wasn't surprised that he never actually addressed my question directly. When has he EVER done that?

IMHO, it tells me a great deal about how nervous his campaign honchos are about the coming primary, though. I've contacted his office several dozen times concerning various issues by letter, e-mail, fax, etc. over the last 18 yrs and this is the FIRST time they've EVER condescended to respond at all.

Answered the e-mail, perhaps too pointedly, by citing some of the numerous incongruities between what he claims and how he actually voted on Second Amendment restrictions, SCOTUS appointments and Illegal Immigration issues over the years. Basically, I expressed my skepticism politely, but it kinda amounted to saying "Don't p-ss down my back and try to tell me it's raining."

If he wins the primary and I end up getting audited by the IRS next year (would be a "1st") I guess we'll know why;->
    "The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato

"If a treaty is signed by a President in the future it would be subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, requiring a two thirds vote."-- Lugar

yeah, we've seen how that works lately, haven't we??
    It's much later than you think...And there always comes a time when it is too late.

What's that smell??????

Typical Dick Lugar response.....
    L.F.F.L.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullDaddy.45 View Post
    I ride the beast every Saturday! Sometimes she gives in on Friday, but yes, I to scream like a. . . Wait a minute. . We are talking about the same thing right?
    Quote Originally Posted by chocktaw2 View Post
    Take a Midol and man up!
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMAN23C View Post

What's that smell??????

Typical Dick
    Fixed it for ya.
    NRA Instructor/Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast