Mayors Against Illegal Guns at Purdue University! Please Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Purdue U Gun Violence Panel TONIGHT! 4/23 Anti-2nd sponsors

Bloomberg is trying to pull a fast one tonight. Short/No notice Panel Discussion scheduled 6:30-8:30 tonight in Matthews Hall, room 210.

Put on by "Everytown blah blah blah and MAIG, with panel composed it seems entirely of MAIG folks and Purdue Lib Arts professors.

Do we have anyone in the area *cough* Kirk *cough* that can make it and press the panel?

Garander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Lafayette/Huntington
    We could really use some help up here at Purdue University in Indiana. I am a current pro-gun Engineering student at Purdue and there was just an announcement this morning (4/23/14) that there is going to be a forum on "Gun Safety" but its being held by Everytown for Gun Safety which if I remember right is a Bloomberg creation. The senior policy advocate for Mayors Against Illegal Guns is one of the main speakers and the moderator is a liberal professor so its obviously going to be some more anti-gun dribble. Im trying to get as many pro gun people there as possible so that our side is well represented. With how the news was released and only the morning before it seems like they intentionally wanted us not to be able to organize, and also are going to be exploiting the tragic murder we had this winter on campus.

I want to make sure everyone knows what's going on at Purdue so we can be sure to clearly show that Purdue, Indiana, and America does not Bloomberg's M.A.I.G. or E.G.S.

It will be held in Matthews Hall Room 210, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN

6:30pm-8:30pm

Anyone who can attend please do, just a reminder guns are currently not allowed on campus so no open carry please.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I wish I could be there! I wonder, with the NRA meeting in Indianapolis due to open tomorrow afternoon, if the right people knew...maybe some of those guys could drive up to the meeting? I don't have a clue who to contact, but there are folks here at INGO that should know.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Haha, Colion Noir is already in town and set up in Indy. Obviously those guys are certainly busy, but I'd hit up some of their Facebook pages and see if you can't rattle some cages. If MAIG will have people present that might help to get someone from our side there as well? I suspect there is going to be vast amounts of misinformation spread there...

Garander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Lafayette/Huntington
    The NRA has apparently been contacted but this meeting was just announced this morning. Facebook groups have been notified, just spread the word if you can come great.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    This isnt a fight just for Purdue but for all of Indiana, don't let MAIG get a foothold in our state!

Bloomie knows all too well Indiana is starting to lean toward campus carry and he wants to make sure that never happens. He will undoubtedly use the recent campus homicide to make a case against campus carry. He's wrong of course, but if no one is there to counter then left leaners will assume he is right. This needs to be a debate about facts in a civil and professional mannor. Let the first one to resort to name calling be the loser!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Whoever can make it, be sure to use your phone to videotape the gathering when almost certainly they refuse to let you or the NRA representative speak.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Whoever can make it, be sure to use your phone to videotape the gathering when almost certainly they refuse to let you or the NRA representative speak.

I will be there with my Camera. I want to be open about the fact that I'm going to hold them publicly accountable for their actions and word.

Just got a message back from NRA on facebook.

Indiana Mom's against Gun Control have also replied to me as well.

Top Bottom