• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    Well guys I plan on attending my first FNS on this day and got great news there is no fridays on scedule for the month of jan and only 2 fridays of work in feb. so might be able to make both months. What all do I need to bring and how much does it cost and where is it at?????

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I plan to be there, straight from the 1500. I'm only shooting one gun this time and hope to get some better scores.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I'm in and will shoot the Glock this time around. My 22lr had too many jams and my boy kept on forgetting to load my mags. The boy is planning on coming also.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well guys I plan on attending my first FNS on this day and got great news there is no fridays on scedule for the month of jan and only 2 fridays of work in feb. so might be able to make both months. What all do I need to bring and how much does it cost and where is it at?????

You need to bring a reliable handgun or pistol-caliber rifle and 5 magazines for it. You will also need to bring about 150 rounds of ammo, eye protection, ear protection and a bag or holster for your firearm. Entry fee is $15. Location is Marion County Fish and Game which is located in the town of Speedway, IN just off 465 at the Crawfordsville Road exit (which is closed). My best advice is to take 465 to 10th street. Take 10th street Westbound to Girls School road. Take Girls School Northbound to Crawfordsville Road. Take Crawfordsville Road Eastbound (about 100 yards) to MCFG which is just over the bridge on your right.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I plan to be there, straight from the 1500. I'm only shooting one gun this time and hope to get some better scores.

AMEN. Same here.

I placed 16th with the 1911, and FOURTY SECOND with the "other" gun. (M&P)

Might be time to leave that one at home...... :)

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    You need to bring a reliable handgun or pistol-caliber rifle and 5 magazines for it. You will also need to bring about 150 rounds of ammo, eye protection, ear protection and a bag or holster for your firearm. Entry fee is $15. Location is Marion County Fish and Game which is located in the town of Speedway, IN just off 465 at the Crawfordsville Road exit (which is closed). My best advice is to take 465 to 10th street. Take 10th street Westbound to Girls School road. Take Girls School Northbound to Crawfordsville Road. Take Crawfordsville Road Eastbound (about 100 yards) to MCFG which is just over the bridge on your right.

Is the 5 mag a min limit???? I only have 2 mags for my P-22 but I do have like 6 mags for my 10-22 but for the first time I would like to only use the pistol since my riffle is not even sighted in yet just got done putting some new stuff on it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You will not be able to complete the stages with only 2 mags for the Walther. At FNS you run each stage 3 times so it is impossible to complete a stage with fewer than 3 mags. There are up to 7 targets per stage so if you miss, at all, it is possible that you won't be able to complete even 2 passes at a stage. Short answer; 5 mags is the minimum requirement.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Is the 5 mag a min limit???? I only have 2 mags for my P-22 but I do have like 6 mags for my 10-22 but for the first time I would like to only use the pistol since my riffle is not even sighted in yet just got done putting some new stuff on it.
    There has been more than one occasion that someone will chime in to let you borrow a couple of mags. 5 is the minimum limit, you shoot 3 courses of fire in a row at each station before switching to the next persons turn so less than 5 and you could easily run out of loaded mags prior to finishing your "turn".
    I don't have that particular gun so I can't help but somebody might. People do shoot 10-22's quite often if you want to bring it. BTW I'm a noob to so anyone else's advice trumps mine.:D Just trying to help. New people are very well received at this. As a fellow noob, just let everyone know it is your first time and you will get all the advice and guidance you need.

Top Bottom